•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need to hear some positive things

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      90% of road noise is a poor choice in tires.
      I agree with that statement, as the Solar HP430 Tires that were originally on the car when I bought it would HOWL at both 20 and 40 MPH, almost to the point where the Radio would have to be cranked close to the Max to drown it out! (as of this post, I have since replaced them with a set of VERY Gently used (with less than 100 miles on them!) Cooper CS4 Touring Tires with a size of 185/70/R14 to the tune of $296; the Tires WOULD have cost me a Mind Numbing $506 if I bought them new and in the Proper size at Sears!) those new Tires i just put on are MUCH quieter, and the taller aspect ratio means I have a bit more Ground Clearance, as well as the ScootaDrive doesn't have to work as hard at cruising speed!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I really love my Aveo. Well now it is mainly my wifes car since she can use it and I need a van for work anyways, but I am happy I didn't have to get rid of my Aveo when my job required a larger vehicle.

The aveo is a much nicer can then the older Geo Metro style cars that were made. A much nicer and superior ride, if you drove an Aveo or even cars like an 06 Kia Rio you wouldn't be complaining about the superior handling and ride of the Aveo. If you don't get a better ride then those cars then something is worn out or you have bad tires on your car giving you trouble.

It has needed very little work to maintain to this point and the cost of it was exceptional. Sure it isn't the best choice of a cross Canada trip. But I had to go half way across Canada in a less comfortable Kio Rio and I can tell you I will always take this Aveo first if I have to between those two cars I had

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
      I really love my Aveo. Well now it is mainly my wifes car since she can use it and I need a van for work anyways, but I am happy I didn't have to get rid of my Aveo when my job required a larger vehicle.

The aveo is a much nicer can then the older Geo Metro style cars that were made. A much nicer and superior ride, if you drove an Aveo or even cars like an 06 Kia Rio you wouldn't be complaining about the superior handling and ride of the Aveo. If you don't get a better ride then those cars then something is worn out or you have bad tires on your car giving you trouble.

It has needed very little work to maintain to this point and the cost of it was exceptional. Sure it isn't the best choice of a cross Canada trip. But I had to go half way across Canada in a less comfortable Kio Rio and I can tell you I will always take this Aveo first if I have to between those two cars I had
      we had to drive two Kias in the past 5-6 years, once was a 2005 Rio when our Caravan was in the shop from a collision (makes our Aveos looks like Cadillacs in comparision) and we rented a 2009 Spectra to go down to my sister's in Panama City, FL. (the seats in that Spectra were as hard as ROCKS.) and in May of Last year, we took Scoots down to Panama City so I could see my sister and her USAF husband off to their next duty station in Germany; Long Story short: Even WITHOUT Cruise Control, Scoots was more Comfortable and more fuel efficient than that Spectra was!

Thanks
      MPG's!!! Thats all I worry about I drive around 100 a day (5 days a week) need those!! It's a nice little car does what I need it to do. I can complete an oil change in about 15 mins on it.
      The DD: 2011 Aveo5 LT
      The Race Car: 2004 Pontiac GTO 383 Stroker

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
      MPG's!!! Thats all I worry about I drive around 100 a day (5 days a week) need those!! It's a nice little car does what I need it to do. I can complete an oil change in about 15 mins on it.
      Changing the oil on Scoots is quite easy, I LOVE the Topside oil filter cartridge, but my only gripe is the T-45 Torx Drain Plug.

Thanks

long trips

I routinely make 2900km (one way) trips (summer and winter) in my 5 speed '05 hatch, about 20 times so far. My destination is not close to an airport. To fly is crazy expensive. I have made this round trip with passengers and gear for as little as $350 in gas; driving non-stop in about 32 hours. Totally loving every kilometer of the drive. With good (Michelin X-Ice) snow tires I have found this car to be almost unstoppable in deep snow and ice - and I've busted a great many snow drifts in North Dakota. The car has a lot of clearance. Dealerships garage rates are insane, don't take it to a dealership. Just remember, repair bills are cheaper than another 3-5 years of car payments. My experience with this car that I bought new has been extremely positive.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      Changing the oil on Scoots is quite easy, I LOVE the Topside oil filter cartridge, but my only gripe is the T-45 Torx Drain Plug.
      I agree. I change my own oil and I would never buy any car that has an oil filter that is difficult to access.

Toyotas also have a similar under the hood oil filter. I like Toyotas, and I have one of them, too. But Toyotas cost more than Aveos.

I hate torx screws. But this one I can live with. Buy a good torx 3/8" socket of that size. It will last you the life of the car - as long as you don't misplace it when you need to change your oil. Keep it in the glove box, or wherever you can find it.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Well, too much reading but I saw the topic and thought i would chime in. She has been a great little car. I have a hatchback don't know how many times I have ended up at Costco or Home Depot not remembering what i drove and how little room I had until I left the store. But I have fit some crazy stuff in there. Versus my previous BMW 323 vert where once I actually had to put the top down and hold something in place the whole commute home.

It is a commuter for our household. It gets double the gas millage as anything else in my driveway. But the lack of power is killing me. Still, we have commute where this little thing gets driven 60 miles, 11 times per week. Mind the maintenance for the timing belt and the thermostat housing. A co-worker has not and has paid for the damage they cause.

Great little car, for its purpose.

Thanks
      my timing belt snapped at 140k. cost time and money oh yes and valves and valve seals. i still love my car which is six years on the road and 300k later. doing your maintenance and repairs your selves will save you a barrel of money. the dealerships are a ripoff nightmare. just as the cost of oem parts. find substitute replacement parts which can fit and yet fit and feel original. i do.

send me a holler if you need a factory service manual
      . synticer2kids@yahoo.com. i just might answer
      Last edited by synticer; 05-14-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by synticer View Post
      my timing belt snapped at 140k. ...
      Very unfortunate, but inquiring minds want to know how many times the belt had been changed, and at what mileage? And also the year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123