•  

Thread: my resale value: LOL

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

my resale value: LOL

Looking to get a new car, so considering trading in my 2007 Aveo. $750 LOL.
      The car has served me well over the last 180,000 miles, but $750??
      I just put new brakes and new tires on this thing and it cost more than what Edmunds says it's worth. Heck, I have a leaking strut and GM wants $700 for that. I am due for a new timing belt, don't think I am going to do that.
      Oh well, car was cheap. Gas mileage has been good, although I never got near what was advertised. I will be hard pressed to buy another car like this.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Are you sure thats accurate? Dealerships use different systems to determine what they will give you in trade. You don't have to accept the $750. You could probably sell it on craigslist for $3-4000.

But if the "value" is say $3000, they told you $700 for the strut, then another $700 for the timing belt service, then a slight hit for mileage. and if the car isn't "perfect" the math quickly climbs down to under a grand...

The question is how much did you pay for it? is it a $11k aveo or a $17K aveo...

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      It's the $10K aveo.
      I was going off edmunds.com pricing. They have dealer retail at $1,800 and private seller value at $1,200.
      Timing and strut were not factored into the "edmunds" cost. Looks like I will just drive this car into the ground.

Thanks
      If its still running without any problems I'd get the timing belt done and get the struts fixed at a private shop, not a dealer. Its not hard to do either of those things and it'll cost you way less. After that, I"d bet you can likely get a few more years out of the Aveo without any hiccups. Better yet, do some reading on here and figure out how to do it yourself!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      its a lot better than my 1998 Plymouth Breeze. as it sits right now, its pretty much worth Scrap Value. (if the engine was in Working order, KBB Value would be $562)

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
      Looking to get a new car, so considering trading in my 2007 Aveo. $750 LOL.
      The car has served me well over the last 180,000 miles, but $750??
      I just put new brakes and new tires on this thing and it cost more than what Edmunds says it's worth. Heck, I have a leaking strut and GM wants $700 for that. I am due for a new timing belt, don't think I am going to do that.
      Oh well, car was cheap. Gas mileage has been good, although I never got near what was advertised. I will be hard pressed to buy another car like this.

Hello middleofnowhere,
      Buying a new car is always exciting. You may also want to check Kelly Blue Book at Official Kelley Blue Book New Car and Used Car Prices and Values. As you may know, the resale value of a vehicle is determined by the customer's local market area, condition of vehicle, etc. Good luck with car-shopping!

General Motors neither endorses nor maintains these sites and is not responsible for any of its contents.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Sales staff at a couple of dealers across different brands have freely admitted that they basically offer half of what the car would be put on the lot for. So you get a trade in of $750, and they turn around and sell it for $1500 as is and maybe patch a few things.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior