•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my new 08 aveo

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      nick

Are you first time buyer? probably had high interest rate. I had very high rate when I brought my dakota back in 1998. It was a 99, redesign model that year. 3 days of driving it. It was in the dealership for month and half. but thats another story. lol

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan (manual tranny)
      Adding water to oil does NOT clean your engine, It reshapes connecting rods.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      20k?!?!? Theres so many better (and faster) options out there for that price...just to name a few...08 lancer, 07-08 eclipse, and one my favorites after driving one is the SRT-4...that little neon has a ton of power....but really 20k is a complete ripoff.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by o4aveohb
      20k?!?!? Theres so many better (and faster) options out there for that price...just to name a few...08 lancer, 07-08 eclipse, and one my favorites after driving one is the SRT-4...that little neon has a ton of power....but really 20k is a complete ripoff.
      +1, i got mine with 11 miles on it for 11,225

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by TrickyAveo
      nick

Are you first time buyer? probably had high interest rate. I had very high rate when I brought my dakota back in 1998. It was a 99, redesign model that year. 3 days of driving it. It was in the dealership for month and half. but thats another story. lol

ah good ol dodges....

ok lets not scare him away people, first we tell him his car isnt worth messing with then we tell him he got ripped of, you live you learn. what kind of options did u get (thats how the dealer gets you)

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I paid $10,500 US for my 07 Auto LS Sedan. I bought it in late 2006 and shortly after buying it I got a card in the mail saying I was upgraded to a $100,000 powertrain warranty. I'm not sure of the conversion for Canadian but 18's and 19's sounds really expensive. I did only get the base auto though, I installed my own power locks/remote start/satellite radio(all for under $400) but I'm still missing power windows and cruise control. I almost wish I spent the extra $1,000 or whatever it would have been but I had no down payment or trade-in and they offered me the car 100% through gmac @ 3.9%. I was actually planning on buying a kia or something since all I needed was a cheap car for work since I drive 100 miles of stop and go every day but the price was right on the Aveo. It had 12 miles when I got it and it has over 30,000 brutal miles on it now. It'll also get traded in with as close to 99,999 miles without going over on it, right before the warranty expires. I'll go to the dealership's parts department and get intercepted.. never let them know you are looking to buy a car. I was actually leaving 3 different times when I bought mine but they chased me down with a new deal, and I really was going to leave... You could have easily talked them lower than a few of you payed, you coulda atleast got a cobalt or somethin for that price if you needed a chevy. actually I technically only paid 9500 for my car since $1000 of it was from my GM MasterCard credits. ofcourse I didn't tell them I was planning on using those until after all the agreements and stuff were signed and I just played dumb like it was real cash.. (like it's SUPPOSE to be). never volunteer info, and always have the "not sure if you like it" attitude. lol, all they had in stock was silver, and automatics.. the color AND transmission I wanted since it's just a commuter and I drive 6 hours a day. but I told them I wanted a blue one, and a manual and if they couldn't get it for me today(I knew they couldn't) I was just going to go buy that kia I saw for $10,000 which was perfect for my needs. It's amazing how they work with you with that kind of stuff.. I didn't want the auto so instead of saying he wont charge me for the auto tranny I got more off the price of the car for the inconvenience and like I said, I WANTED an automatic I can play the game with a salesman... I'll use up so much of their time they get to the point where it actually is the lowest they can sell it for, and I can tell when that is.. then I buy. luckily there is no tax or anything on buying a car in oregon.. hearing some of you have to pay tax... that sucks cause a car is a huge investment already

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      yo good lookin out aveosam. these people are tryna tear me a new one. i got the ls with some extras. the alarm, window tints, the extended warranty, and lo jack. it was mine and my fiances first new car buyin, and my first car, and decided to go all out

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by nickmccomb1
      yo good lookin out aveosam. these people are tryna tear me a new one. i got the ls with some extras. the alarm, window tints, the extended warranty, and lo jack. it was mine and my fiances first new car buyin, and my first car, and decided to go all out
      congrats, on the car nick. I wasnt trying to rip you a new one. Im glad you went all out on the car. Your lady and you should get what you want.
      It shows your loyal chevy aveo owner.

CAI and exhaust, You can start off with. give you a few hp.
      2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan (manual tranny)
      Adding water to oil does NOT clean your engine, It reshapes connecting rods.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: my new 08 aveo

The 09's are over $20,000 fully loaded with an auto. Price one out on GM.ca
      06' Aveo
      07' Liberty
      1973 VW Bug. Full resto. summer toy.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

yep mine was about 18000 can, with auto and spoiler as only options
      0% financed too
      13% sales tax
      2009 Aveo5 highway yellow mods to come!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3163083
      my other rides
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/flaveo5

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Hello all,

Reading through these posts has me thinking.

Now I am not a knowledgeable car guy and not familiar with the mods that have been listed and don't know how to do them BUT I am mechanically inclined and with some explanation i can usually tackle new tasks with ease.

For example....I stripped down my first guitar and rebuilt it including all electronics and wiring.

I had a laptop that was toast and I recovered all the data on it and was able to clean the vruses out and save the laptop.

I taught myself how to do some carpentry and drywall finishing

I say all that to ask if any of you would mind explaining those mods that were mentioned earlier in the thread

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast