Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Wants moh powah
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

My 2010 Aveo5 AC project

******EDITED 7-18-2012**********
      Install cliff notes:

Disconnect the temp control cable down at the heater box and remove it with the HVAC controls.

The air box, right headlight, and right inner fender must come out.

I removed the filler panel above the grill to better see the condenser connections. may not be necessary but I think it was worth it.

The power steering belt does not have an adjustment; the belt needs to be worked off as you turn the pulley. It takes a 3/8" (I think) hex key / allen wrench to turn it.

The main belt adjuster is released with a 12 point (17mm I think) socket. The only way I could get to it was from the bottom.

******END EDIT**********

With the info that 67ss350camaro has posted I've ordered the parts and plan to have Air Conditioning in my heap within a couple of weeks. (depending on work and weather)

I got the HVAC controls from a 2007 sedan yesterday and installed it. A word of advice for anyone else...disconnect the temperature control cable down by the accelerator pedal before trying to get it off the back of the HVAC controls.

My used compressor (supposed to be from a 2010 with 2k miles) should be here today. The compressor bolts and AC lines should be here today or early next week; I picked up the belt, relay, and pressure sensor/switch yesterday. I was able to get all the bolts except for the 3 compressor mounting bolts from my local Ace hardware.

Buying a used compressor and HVAC control with everything else being new, I think is going to put this project at about $600 including having it evacuated, activated, and charged.

My car came with the prep package. I paid about $200 more than the car beside it that didn't have the prep and it was well worth it....providing this project goes as planned.

More to come....and a few pics if I don't get too lazy.

Last edited by wylee; 07-18-2012 at 09:25 AM.