•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GAS PRICES

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: GAS PRICES

the oil companies already know we will pay upwards of $5 a gallon to drive, England just hit around $9 a gallon from what I saw on the news. Using more gas will just give them a bigger profit, they won't lower the price

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

$4.12 here in the Syracuse, NY area...cheapest station is Hess unless you are willing to drive to a BJs (4.09). Gas futures are trading lower on Wall Street at $3.33/gallon and should continue to slide below $3.00 by the end of June. You have to add federal and state taxes plus gas station profits to that which typically adds almost 80 cents a gallon. Long story short: Prices will begin to drop the first week of July to around $3.80 per gallon for the national average. If all goes as planned on Wall Street price per gallon at the pump will be $3.25 at Labor Day.
      2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS sedan - 13,230 miles
      2008 Mercury Mountaineer AWD 4.0L V6 - 34,920 miles
      2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2L I6- 95,870 miles

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Reduce the Coefficient of drag on the vehicle and you'll see a notable increase in gas milage. Obviously for most "boat tailing" and major body work isn't feasable, but I've seen major increases with major (but inexpensive) aerodynamic modifications.

1) If you live in a cold area... cover up the grille. By doing this you're not allowing air to pass into the engine compartment. You're increasing surface area, however with air not having to pass into, through, and out of the engine compartment you'll get a net decrease in Cd. Experiment with cardboard at first. This way if you're running too hot, you can simply pull over and tear it off. Even reducing the openings may get you fair increase in MPG if the area you live in is just too warm to fully cover the radiator. A more efficient smaller opening (think of the air intakes on larger vehicles... wide and narrow) should still get you a net reduction.

2) Underbody trays. Cover up everything you can on the underside of the vehicle. This makes the airflow smoother under the vehicle.

3) Cover up the wheels! Front wheel cowlings would be a little work, however the rear wheels would be fairly easy. This isn't the most effective method of Cd reduction, however it's probably the easiest.

There's tons more you can do, check out http://ecomodder.com
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

$5.17 US/gal in Burnaby, BC. $1.38 cdn/litre.
      Tyler
      '07 AveoLS Sedan

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by o4aveohb
      the oil companies already know we will pay upwards of $5 a gallon to drive, England just hit around $9 a gallon from what I saw on the news. Using more gas will just give them a bigger profit, they won't lower the price

The Brits pay more because their taxes don't go to paying off fuel... The US government gives oil companies $.70 of every tax dollar to keep the prices down as far as they are now. If taxes didn't go into it the prices would be about $9 a gallon too, the good thing at least is that would give the government probably trillions of dollars to put into better projects and stuff, too bad Bu$h isn't smart enough to do stuff like that, but even if he could he'd just give it back to pork barrelers.

A piece of evidence is the Brit's healthcare system, it's free for them cause it's all paid by taxes.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

they got us by the gas tank and they know it!! it may go down some, but whether it does or not we'll all pay anyway!! sad truth!

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234