•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GAS PRICES

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: GAS PRICES

yep, the us dollar dont mean **** thanks to bush and his scheme to print more money! and also the fact that our currency is no longer backed by gold anymore like it used to be way back when. but thats another time and place.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

3.79 almost anywhere, but 3.74 at sams. Not that bad as some of you who pays 4 bucks already
      2008 Chevy Aveo LT

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

SHELL STATION RTE 22 BREWSTER,NY $4.19 CASH PRICE/$4.25 CREDIT PRICE FOR REGULAR UNLEADED
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aveo07z
      around 4/17 in C-bus ohio

Just my theory.. but instead of better mpg.. the best result would come from lower gas prices....

SO .. here is the solution (IMO*) Use more gas ... the owners of the oil companies are not gonna settle for less money.. so if we consume less fuel as a whole.. then gas prices will rise.. if we double our gas use again as a whole then gas prices will drop, as the need to make $2.00 per gallon would drop to only $1.00 per gallon inorder for them to make the same profit... so in thoerey.. us trying to save gas .. is really just screwing us in the end...

Just put your self in the oil company owners shoes.. would you be willing to go from make 2Million a year.. to make 1Million? Pro not .. so in the event I see im not going to make as much ill adjust prices accordingly.
      Only one problem with that theory mate. If the oil companies can make extra profit by selling more gas, they will not lower the price of that gas.
      Take the trend. They raise the gas price from $1.00 to $1.50, people freak, then they lower the price to $1.25, people think they are getting a deal, and are all happy with $1.25 per gallon gas. Take that, repeat, over and over, and you see how the oil company does their thing. Now if gas prices were to go down to $2.99 or $3.50, you would most likely be happy, because gas is cheaper.
      The problem isn't that we are using less gas, or even that the price of oil is so high. It is that the oil companies are trying to rape the consumers, because they know that we are slowly moving away from fossil fuels as a whole, and want to secure their wealth.
      During the senate hearings, it was noted
      "I would understand the higher fuel prices, if your profit margin was the same, but I see it as no coincidence that now, with the gas prices at an all time high, you are reporting over $140,000,000,000 in profit. And you say that you are not gouging?"
      The price of oil goes up, the price of fuel goes up. Basic mathematics, I suppose, but the price of oil goes up, the profit for the oil companies reaches records, and the price of fuel triples. They are taking us to the cleaners. And they will continue to do so no matter how much, or how little we buy. If we are willing to pay the price, they are more than happy to set the price high.
      4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Sad But very true. I wish my Wave had come as a hybrid. It's $50 just to fill it now. Thank god I got rid of my Bonneville and got the wave or I'd be broke by now.
      2008 Pontiac Wave SE Sedan Black

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

well i really dont care much because in the end opec will run out of their oil and we will still have ours....but who knows we will probably revert back to a third world country by then.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Woohoo the price dropped 3 cents a litre today. Like that really makes a difference in the amount I spend on gas. But at least it didn't go up again
      2008 Pontiac Wave SE Sedan Black

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by genefitz
      During the senate hearings, it was noted
      "I would understand the higher fuel prices, if your profit margin was the same, but I see it as no coincidence that now, with the gas prices at an all time high, you are reporting over $140,000,000,000 in profit. And you say that you are not gouging?"
      The price of oil goes up, the price of fuel goes up. Basic mathematics, I suppose, but the price of oil goes up, the profit for the oil companies reaches records, and the price of fuel triples. They are taking us to the cleaners. And they will continue to do so no matter how much, or how little we buy. If we are willing to pay the price, they are more than happy to set the price high.
      see its not that we are willing but we need to to tech survive, not everyone lives close to work or stores. im suprised no one has tried to kill the top excutives of these oil companies....we should just beat them in the streets

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Sam, I do agree.

It isn't that we are willing to pay it, it is because we really have no choice but to pay it. Either way, it is a win for them. Here is the kicker of it all though. We are powerless to them, because we need their product. If the government or people lash out at the oil companies, they can lower production or raise prices even more. A return to the gas shortage of the 70's.
      It all comes down to the way the system defeats itself. They raise the prices, we pay it, we lash out, they cut the supply, and again the price goes up. Government taxes them extra, and they pass the extra costs back down to us. We pay more.

Bottom line is that we need them more than they need us. They are more than willing to exploit that fact. They have us all over a barrel (no pun intended). That is an oil Barrel by the way (there's the snappy pun).
      4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by genefitz
      Bottom line is that we need them more than they need us. They are more than willing to exploit that fact. They have us all over a barrel (no pun intended). That is an oil Barrel by the way (there's the snappy pun).
      That was too an intended pun

Gene is right. Now, if we go to there corporate offices with guns, bats, and lead pipes... Could you imagine a storm of thousands, maybe millions of armed people marching on a oil giants corporate office...

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast