•  

Thread: Codes P0700 and P1781

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Codes P0700 and P1781

Well I probably did something I shouldn't have done. I pour Seafoam Green into my gas tank to clean the fuel system, and now I'm getting codes P0700 and P1781 in my 2004 Aveo. From the google research I've done, and correct me if I'm wrong, the codes are all tied to a intermittent misfire resulting from bad valve seals. I guess there has been a service bulletin and GM had corrected the problem after a few builds. My VIN # is KL1TJ52694B259631.
      I started to get the check engine light a few days ago. One day it would come on, the other day it wouldn't. Now coming home tonight from work, the light came on and it wouldn't shift out of 4th. After a few miles of shifting from 1st. to D, it came out of it...Now I'm worried...I drove to the nearest Auto Zone and scaned it for the codes I got. Drove it home 20 miles and all seems fine. I have noticed a miss at start up when the engine light does comes on, but after it warms up it runs like a top. My question to the board is how detrimental will this cause be to the transaxle ? And what recommendations does anyone have out there ?

Thanks in advance...

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by djmarch View Post
      Well I probably did something I shouldn't have done. I pour Seafoam Green into my gas tank to clean the fuel system, and now I'm getting codes P0700 and P1781 in my 2004 Aveo. From the google research I've done, and correct me if I'm wrong, the codes are all tied to a intermittent misfire resulting from bad valve seals. I guess there has been a service bulletin and GM had corrected the problem after a few builds. My VIN # is KL1TJ52694B259631.
      I started to get the check engine light a few days ago. One day it would come on, the other day it wouldn't. Now coming home tonight from work, the light came on and it wouldn't shift out of 4th. After a few miles of shifting from 1st. to D, it came out of it...Now I'm worried...I drove to the nearest Auto Zone and scaned it for the codes I got. Drove it home 20 miles and all seems fine. I have noticed a miss at start up when the engine light does comes on, but after it warms up it runs like a top. My question to the board is how detrimental will this cause be to the transaxle ? And what recommendations does anyone have out there ?

Thanks in advance...
      OBD-II Check Engine Light Trouble Codes you are only limited by your own creativity!!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/4m9r...nufacture.html - you have done some good work!!

P0700 Transmission Control System TCS Malfunction

Last edited by Orange07; 03-21-2012 at 12:44 AM.