while my Girlfriend was out driving my car, some old man in a huge land yacht blew through a red light and tore the front end off my car. i had to call his insurance company to figure out what was going on, and when i finally got a phone call from them, it was actually from an auto auction facility. apparently insurance companies haul your car off to an auction where they have an appraiser look at your car?? it doesnt sound good. they explained to me how the process works and it doesnt even sound legal. first off, let me establish they already admitted he was completely to blame. with that said, they are going to take the value of the car, and subtract that from what i owe GMAC. if the remainder excedes what i owe GMAC, then im written a check for that amount. and if it doesnt, then i have to pay the balance off. we all know our cars arent worth that much. it doesnt even sound legal that i have to continue to pay for a car i dont even own, because of someone elses negligence. correct me if im wrong, but shouldnt they have to cut me a check for the cars value, then pay off my balance to GMAC? i owe GMAC $6,000, and i just know they wont say the car was worth anything near so much as 5K. this leaves me very pissed. this all happened right after i got the body kit, rims, lowering springs, projectors, altezza's, and cold air intake on too.