•  

Thread: 2011 Remote start

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2011 Remote start

Hey guys my names Eric and I am joining to try to learn more about my gf's car to improve it.
      First thing I am trying to do and frustrated with right now is the remote start.

I been calling around to find a bypass but I can't find anyone with one. Any ideas on how to do the remote start install??

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Bulldog Security 791 universal bypass or Directed 556UW. You will need a key inside those modules to bypass the transponder.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks
      Hey I have a question. This guy said he was trying to install one for me but he said there was a different type of ignition wires. Like as if they were like IDE cable for a computer. I have yet to take a look, but could this be true?

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      The starter circuit is a VERY strange set up. I think it can be done with a combination of relays and resistors, but I just went under the hood for the starter connection.
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
      The starter circuit is a VERY strange set up. I think it can be done with a combination of relays and resistors, but I just went under the hood for the starter connection.
      Do you know if this will work? PATS-AVEO | Overview

Wants moh powah
      Thanks
      It looks like it would work for the bypass...are you sure you need a bypass?

The problem I was referring to is the non-standard starter circuit. The Aveo starter circuit is not controlled by the key like most cars. It is activated by the key, the starter motor starts spinning, then the car (computer) determines when the starter motor turns off/disengages not the operator with the key.

The Aveo starts with the key much like the way aftermarket remote starts work...you tell it to start, then it cranks the car until it starts or until the predetermined crank time has elapsed. As an experiment in the Aveo, try to get the Aveo to crank over half a turn without starting it by bumping the key....it can't be done under normal conditions...if the starter activates via the key, it'll crank till the car starts.
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

Thanks
      Yeah it needs a bypass. I had a pro guy look at it, but he wasn't sure what the ignition wiring was. He said he never seen anything like it. I did research and found out its some weird system chevrolet came out iwth for a few years apparently. The start goes by itself after a split second of the key. Its one of those autosensing ignition system crap. I just want to makre sure I buy the right bypass.

Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
      It looks like it would work for the bypass...are you sure you need a bypass?

The problem I was referring to is the non-standard starter circuit. The Aveo starter circuit is not controlled by the key like most cars. It is activated by the key, the starter motor starts spinning, then the car (computer) determines when the starter motor turns off/disengages not the operator with the key.

The Aveo starts with the key much like the way aftermarket remote starts work...you tell it to start, then it cranks the car until it starts or until the predetermined crank time has elapsed. As an experiment in the Aveo, try to get the Aveo to crank over half a turn without starting it by bumping the key....it can't be done under normal conditions...if the starter activates via the key, it'll crank till the car starts.