•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Aveo .. 2010 Beat ..

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: 2010 Aveo .. 2010 Beat ..

Why would you buy a $20K turbo Aveo when you can get a $22k turbo Cobalt?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i dont think the price line would just keep going up for an aveo with different options.

i would bet it would run about 16-17k still. You are not continually adding, you are "replacing" so if the stock engine in the aveo cost $2000 to put in the car, and the turbo version cost $3000. there is only a $1000 price hike in the car. not $3000 because that is what it would cost you to modify the car.. plus if they used components already in other models. it might be done for the same price range.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Just a quick and dirty check on the Chevy "Build & Price".
      I think $20G's plus would be very close for a loaded Turbo Aveo.
      Just my opinion not trying to start an argument.

'09 Aveo 4D LT loaded.

'09 Aveo 5D LT loaded.

'09 Cobalt 4D LT loaded.

'09 Cobalt SS 4D loaded.

Thanks

but again, why buy a smaller car that is bound to have less power for only $2K difference? GM has to much brand overlap as it is now.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i cant see those prices 100% clear. but it looks like $995 for a auto transmission?

i would think the "turbo package" would probably be like $2000, if it included a 6 speed.
      depending on which line up they add it to, the LT is "luxury" , the LS is "sporty" of the class they have now.

i paid $11700 for my 09 aveo5 LS, I also know i could have have a cobalt coupe for less, with an auto and more options.

i would think they would add the engine to the sporty line and also add fogs, suspension and brakes. so lets say overall its a $3000 package. that you be added to base, of what $12500? so it would be a $17500 car, not well equipped. From there you would pay extra for the radio, power features etc..

but i will be the first to admit i dont understand GM pricing, and the overlap. As far as i could tell the cobalt and the aveo are aimed at the same buyer, its just one is available as a hatchback, and the other is a tradition coupe(with SS option). but the sedans overlap terribly, and the aveo cope overlaps the vibe.. so they all self compete which i think is part of GM strategy. (get them to buy a different one of our cars instead of a competitors)

oh, not starting an argument either, just nice to see a conversation going on here, i could be dead wrong with my thinking.

Thanks

I was just going off there (GM's) way of priceing things.
      Like you couldn't get a stripped Aveo with a turbo and a body kit, you would need to get the "SS" package and add stuff from there.
      I priced them out with every thing, I'm sure a turbo engine wouldn't have an auto. tran's option.
      Site wouldn't take readable pic's....
      '09 Aveo LT2 4door & 5door were... $18,340
      '09 Cobalt LT2 4 door was... $21,695
      '09 Cobalt SS 4 door was... $ 24,765
      When I did a search for window stickers I found some Cobalt SS's for $25,500

Thanks

I still cant see why GM would even offer a turbo option. The car is aimed at the family that have a limited budget but need a new car. It is the same reason you will never see a F/I option for the Versa, Fit, Accent. In my opinion, a six speed would also be pointless. Perfect example of another pointless 6 speed is the Nissan Sentra SE-R. A proper geared 5 speed would be fine.

As far as the GM overlap goes, don't forget the Pontiac G6 and Saturn Ion

Thanks

"I still cant see why GM would even offer a turbo option. The car is aimed at the family that have a limited budget but need a new car."
      Agreed...
      It wouldn't sell.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyperacme
      I was just going off there (GM's) way of priceing things.
      Like you couldn't get a stripped Aveo with a turbo and a body kit, you would need to get the "SS" package and add stuff from there.
      I priced them out with every thing, I'm sure a turbo engine wouldn't have an auto. tran's option.
      Site wouldn't take readable pic's....
      '09 Aveo LT2 4door & 5door were... $18,340
      '09 Cobalt LT2 4 door was... $21,695
      '09 Cobalt SS 4 door was... $ 24,765
      When I did a search for window stickers I found some Cobalt SS's for $25,500

yeah, you are right, but what i was trying to say is it should be a base package. like LS and LT.

base on the AVEO5 and sedan:
      ls... $12,625
      lt1... $14,760
      lt2... $16.025

base on the Cobalt:
      coupe/sedan
      LS... $16,330
      1LT $17,130
      2LT $19,630
      SS $24,095

i would think/hope the SS package is a base package price, not a option or fully loaded price addition. But after looking at those numbers i think you might be right about were the turbo Aveo would price, based on the gap between the base cobalt 2lt and SS. when you figure the SS version of the cobalt is $7765 more than a base LS price. if you add that to the base Aveo, it would be $20,390 for their "SS" version. i think it would be more cost effective for them to follow the industry, and just swap in a Cobalt SS engine in them. although consumer demand isn't there, it could be a limited edition (since another company has shown them it could be done) i think between the two, i would send my current aveo off to get the cobalt SS swap done before forking out almost the same amount for the stock (and smaller) version.

But with the bail out, they aren't going to take any chances on things like that, the government wont allow it, so if the market isn't proven, dont expect the cars to be made anymore. i also think the overlap cars are going to start to diminish. but who knows.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

I sure hope the corvette has been pulling in some nice profits the past few years...imagine chevy without a corvette?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast