•  

Thread: Xtralights.com - Projector Headlights Chrome+ HID Xenon Lights Kit

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Angry Xtralights.com - Projector Headlights Chrome+ HID Xenon Lights Kit

Hello everyone,

I am posting about http://www.xtralights.com/04-08chevy...itpackage.aspx from which I purchased the "04-08 Chevy Aveo Halo Projector Headlights Chrome (pair) + HID Xenon Lights Kit Package."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Configuration: 4K-FUS

HID Low Beam Light Color: 4300K (Crystal White) *Brightest
      Choice of HID Xenon Kit Brands: Fusion™ HID - Most Economic & Good Performance

Part No: 2LHPAVE045TM-HID
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent
      $337.95 for a pair of projector headlights with a HID kit and when I went to install the new headlights on my 2008 Chevy Aveo LS 4-door sedan, I discovered that it was clearly not compatible with the car. The product description on their website describes them as being made for a 2004-2008 Chevy Aveo, (not 5-door) (also listed on the SPEC-D.com wholesaler where they bought them) and with an inch of clearance above and below the headlight and not even able to reach the 3 mounting bolts on the car, the headlights are clearly not made for a 2008 Chevy Aveo. I have plenty of experience uninstalling and re-installing the OEM headlights on my car and it is clearly the wrong product.

I have taken several photos to document the headlights as not fitting my vehicle, the second half of the pictures are of the original headlight fitting perfectly:
      Photo Album - Imgur

So far, I have sent an e-mail to their warranty service address requesting a 100% refund as the headlights are still in brand new condition and for them to waive the "20% restocking fee that will be applied on all return items opened or unopened" as it is clearly the fault of Xtralights.com for selling a product with an inaccurate description of what it is compatible with.

UPDATE 01/17/2012: I called their service support phone number and they were very polite and said that I may return the headlight kit for a full refund and not be penalized with a 20% restocking fee. Great customer service! For anyone who is looking at buying a similar product, make sure that your Chevy Aveo is not a 2007 or newer as second generation Chevy Aveos have little to no aftermarket exterior parts available for purchase right now as most are just for the older generation and will not fit.

UPDATE 1/29/2012: My money has been refunded. Only out $30 for return shipping but lesson learned. Don't buy aftermarket for second generation Aveos.

Last edited by cleako; 01-30-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I honestly am not sure about this, you will probably pay the restocking fee most likely, those are first gen headlights and you have a second gen aveo, the year does not really matter (though if you are not sure you should have checked) they did not do anything wrong, you just bought the wrong product (they make no aftermarket headlights for 2nd gen aveos to begin with) Anything with 06 or earlier is a warning that it is a first gen part, but again, they made almost no aftermarket parts for the second gen

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      While I agree with hunter, If the company did not say "does not fit 07+ sedan" and only stated they will fit 08 aveos, they should take them back without the restocking fee, unless there is a disclaimer that it is your responsibility to verify fitment before hand.

Thanks
      I called their service support phone number and they were very polite and said that I may return the headlight kit for a full refund and not be penalized with a 20% restocking fee. Great customer service! For anyone who is looking at buying a similar product, make sure that your Chevy Aveo is not a 2007 or newer as second generation Chevy Aveos have little to no aftermarket exterior parts available for purchase right now as most are just for the older generation and will not fit. Thanks guys for the info. ^^

Thanks
      UPDATE 1/29/2012: My money has been refunded. Only out $30 for return shipping but lesson learned. Don't buy aftermarket for second generation Aveos.

Geo
      I'll keep it and add a turbo Geo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hmm.. this could be because the hatchback style did not change untill 2009. I'm assuming that Xtralights made an honest mistake in thinking the Aveos did not change its style until 2009