•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TPS Sensor problem

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
      My 2010 Aveo 5 did something similar to this yesterday. I only have a custom exhaust on it. But when I started it up and started driving yesterday, it started bucking at really low rpms. I put it in neutral and revved it up, then put it in first and kept it above 2000 rpms the rest of the way home. No CELs came on or anything. I'm wondering if there is a recall for this issue or not. Mine only has 4200 miles on it.
      What do you mean by custom exhaust? you had a shop weld a muffler on? if you only had a muffler welded on, a dealership deny warranty, if the actual exhaust system (header, catalytic converter, or resonators) have been altered, that would void warranty

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      even then it would not deny the warranty unless it was found to directly be the cause of the problem.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I know this and you guys know this, but most service techs and managers at car dealers look for anything to try and say it is not covered and will drag it out as long as possible. Anyways, I drove it around for another 70 miles today and it didn't do it again. So maybe it was a 1 time fluke.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
      I know this and you guys know this, but most service techs and managers at car dealers look for anything to try and say it is not covered and will drag it out as long as possible. Anyways, I drove it around for another 70 miles today and it didn't do it again. So maybe it was a 1 time fluke.
      Most techs and managers welcome warranty work. Warranty work is free for the customer, but the dealership and tech get paid by the manufacturer. However their are guidelines that have to be followed in some cases. but any route, if we (I am a Toyota tech at a Toyota dealership) can cover something under warranty, we will. Some repairs, if not covered by warranty will go unrepaired by customers so we do what we can to find ways to cover repairs under warranty so we can make the customer happy and so we can get paid. Just like everyone else, we like to get paid whether it is by the customer or by Toyota.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      even then it would not deny the warranty unless it was found to directly be the cause of the problem.
      That is very true petrified. A few months ago at my dealership, a customer had a 2wd 08 tacoma that was lifted with 20" rims and off road tires, he came in with shattered gears in the rear end, physically looking over the truck, we could tell he had taken the tacoma off road and was jumping the truck. The tech working the warranty claim even knowing the truck had been used for jumping, filed a warranty claim, a claim adjuster was sent out to look over the vehicle, and our tech was able to get warranty coverage on the rear end.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      im haven a same problem got a 2007 chavy aveo it stalls on me an sometimes turns off an sometimes the rpms go down. took to autozone they said it was the t.p.s. senser i was thinking of cleaning the t.b. an the senser. do u think its a good idea ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12