Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
driving home tonight, my car all of a sudden decided to stop. the more i pressed the gas pedal the less power it had, and the faster it dropped in rpm... coasted to a stop in the fast lane of a 4 lane highway... Waiting on the GM roadside tow truck now ( i called and got a ride home from a friend)..

2009 with 6421 miles...

i'll keep everyone posted..
Petrified Rabbit, man am I glad that you posted! I was driving to work this morning (Highway), when all of a sudden my Aveo decided to stop working, looked down at the gas peddle to make sure that my foot was still on, check, looked quickly at gear selector to see if it had slipped into neutral, still in drive check, luckily I was in the right hand lane and had enough momentum to safely coast over into the berm lane. Checked all gauges/lights, on and strong, try to turn over engine, it tries but no luck, so not the alternator. Well AAA gets there quick and off to my Chevy dealer, drop the car off with service tell them my tale of Rush Hour woe. By the time I get to my office (an hour away) the service department calls me and tell me the same story you heard, bad fuel pump (warranty thank god), no new ones close by, will need the car for a few days and we will have a free rental car (warranty once again) here for you tonight. Now, if I can get them to solve the front-end vibration though the steering wheel (at between 55-60 mph approx.) I'll be a happy camper. Though from reading through the forum, I think it may be due to, Tread wear, balancing and or alignment.
Thanks!
2009 Aveo
LT 5 Hatchback
30,000 miles/all highway