•  

Thread: No start just like the other guy..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

No start just like the other guy..

I don't want to hijack your thread but I seem to be having the same issue as the OP and a separate thread seemed redundant. I was able to get my wife's car started by jump starting it. I put a new battery in it and it ran ok. It idled a little low and died a few times when stopping in traffic but started up right away and kept running. Since I had the hood up and was poking around the engine I decided to go ahead and change it last night since it was due. After the oil change it would not start again. It was late and I didn't have much time to do any troubleshooting but wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas how an oil change might affect the cars ability to start. I've changed the oil in my own vehicles since I first owned a car (25 years+) so I'm no stranger to the procedure, however it's the first time I've changed it in this car. I bought the 5Qt jug but stopped shy of adding the entire contents of the jug. I don't know exactly how much oil I added but worst case is probably 4.5 qts. I haven't needed to work on this engine in the 6 months that I've owned this car but at this point I'm clueless about the quirks of this particular engine. The car will turn over but will not fire. I plan to check the spark plugs tonight and I've also read that a faulty O2 sensor may cause the low idle. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I also have the same vehicle as the OP, 2004. (and if you'd like me to start my own thread, no problem)
      Last edited by randyw; 09-01-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added vehicle year