•  

Thread: My clock panel is not working.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

My clock panel is not working.

The lights that come on when you first start your car (i.e check engine light, abs, airbag, etc, etc) are supposed to come on? Well mine are not and I read about the splicer pack but that seems like its for dashboard lights where speedo and tach are. Any leads, help, solved solutions would be great! Do not want to deal with shop costs... Thanks.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      UPDATE:: Rechecked every fuse in and outside of the car, unplugged and plugged the clock back in and checked the pack, and it is not burned. SO i have no idea what else to do, maybe the whole assembly needs replacing?

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sbelcher View Post
      UPDATE:: Rechecked every fuse in and outside of the car, unplugged and plugged the clock back in and checked the pack, and it is not burned. SO i have no idea what else to do, maybe the whole assembly needs replacing?
      You'll need to replace the clock assembly. They're literally toast after so long. Mine went out 6 months after I bought it. Got a new replacement off of ebay for $30. It's been fine ever since.

I also recommend using a sun shade when it's warm/hot if you don't already. The hot & cold literally bakes and fries them. It will also preserve your dash. Even with tinted windows, it still makes one hell of a heat difference inside the car. Even with the windshield tinted.

-Andrew B.

Name:  IMG_3290.jpg
Views: 3668
Size:  300.2 KB

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Do you have a procedure or suggestions on how to remove and replace the clock panel? thanks

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by WHAT HAVE I DONE View Post
      Do you have a procedure or suggestions on how to remove and replace the clock panel? thanks
      There are How-To threads here. Here is the procedure in short, I'm on my break and don't have time to find a link for ya right now.

You have a 2011 Aveo, I am unsure of the exact procedure for it. However, mine is a 2005 and I would assume that it's a similar procedure.

Here's how to replace one for a 2005:

Carefully pry out the plastic trim pieces that run along side the radio and climate controls.
      You will see two screws slightly above the radio on the left and right side, they hold down the top dash cover.
      Unscrew those, then gently pull up on the top cover. Be GENTLE, finesse is your friend!
      Unplug the Hazards Switch and then take the cover off by pulling it towards you.

You will see two screws on each side of the clock assembly, remove those. There is the main connector on the back of the module, it can be a pain to remove. The consistent Hot & Cold cycle literally stiffens and crimps the connector, this is what also slowly kills the module over years time. Be mindful with force as you are near the windshield.

I would invest in a sunshade for in the summer months, it blocks the baking heat from frying electronics. Plus the temperature difference is night and day.

Best of luck,

-Andrew B.
      Last edited by AndrewButler05; 10-07-2014 at 07:20 PM.

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Andrew, the 2011 should actually be easier to remove the clock cover. There's no need to remove any other trim. Just pop the cover off. And I THINK there's 2 bigger tabs on the cover at the front of the clock. So you actually want to pull the back of the cover towards you. (I really hope I don't have that wrong, do this at your own risk.)

And a side note, my clock was starting to reset a couple months ago, and become more frequent. I removed the correct fuse, made sure it and the rest were well seated. Then I popped the cover off the clock, and made sure the harness was pushed in tight. Haven't had a single issue since.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIvy View Post
      Andrew, the 2011 should actually be easier to remove the clock cover. There's no need to remove any other trim. Just pop the cover off. And I THINK there's 2 bigger tabs on the cover at the front of the clock. So you actually want to pull the back of the cover towards you. (I really hope I don't have that wrong, do this at your own risk.)

And a side note, my clock was starting to reset a couple months ago, and become more frequent. I removed the correct fuse, made sure it and the rest were well seated. Then I popped the cover off the clock, and made sure the harness was pushed in tight. Haven't had a single issue since.
      Cool, Thanks! I probably could've googled and found out how based on pictures. lol

Hopefully this helps him, and he's able to get it fixed.

Thanks,
      -Andrew B.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      tomorrow I am going after it...drives me nuts not having a illuminated clock to glance at. the passenger air bag indicator is in the same location and it lights and is functioning properly