•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hollow noise up front when going over bumps?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: hollow noise up front when going over bumps?

i have had the same noise forever....its just crappy suspension....if you take it to the dealer all they do is grease the suspension up so it goes aways long enough for you to think its fixed then comes back. personally i could care less, i knew what the car was when i got it. yea squeak and moans every once in awhile, but it still does that job for cheaper than anything on the market

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

I dont care about the noise, its the shredded tires I care about, tires arent cheap, especially low profile tires and an alignment seems to not work for this issue.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      In the online manual it says to put teflon tape on the sway bar and reinstall bushing over it.
      wait... like the tape you put on threaded pipe fittings?!
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      In the online manual it says to put teflon tape on the sway bar and reinstall bushing over it.
      wait... like the tape you put on threaded pipe fittings?!
      Yup. Teflon is also lubricant... I bet a couple layers of it will work.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by o4aveohb
      I dont care about the noise, its the shredded tires I care about, tires arent cheap, especially low profile tires and an alignment seems to not work for this issue.
      hmm i dont think i have had that problem...i used my stock tires for about a year and a half then switched to bigger rims and tires and used those for about more than two years and they still plently of tread eventhough i never rotated them that much....but now I put my stocks back on (they still have plenty of tread too even though i rotate them rarely) and them seem to be doing fine....ive even had lowering springs for about 2 and half years now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathan06a
      my car does it everytime i go over something like a speedbump. they lubed some bushings though one time and it stopped for a while. but it's back lol
      sounds like a control arm issue. First I would check the control arm to see if there is even any bushing left.
      If there isnt, you have 2 options. Get a new control arm with bushings installed or put new bushings in yourself. If you are very mechanically inclined, have a free day (the whole day, and have the proper tools (bushing press) get just the bushings. If you dont wanna waste all day and want to save ALOT of frustration, just get the whole control arms. I replaced control arm bushings on my other car and I will never do it again. And I love working on my car.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by o4aveohb
      hmm i dont think i have had that problem...i used my stock tires for about a year and a half then switched to bigger rims and tires and used those for about more than two years and they still plently of tread eventhough i never rotated them that much....but now I put my stocks back on (they still have plenty of tread too even though i rotate them rarely) and them seem to be doing fine....ive even had lowering springs for about 2 and half years now.
      I think lowering springs are the key...it stiffens the suspension and might keep the alignment better, I dont think my car is mis-aligned though because it stays straight when I let go of the wheel but I think its a camber problem.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      my car does it everytime i go over something like a speedbump. they lubed some bushings though one time and it stopped for a while. but it's back lol
      sounds like a control arm issue. First I would check the control arm to see if there is even any bushing left.
      If there isnt, you have 2 options. Get a new control arm with bushings installed or put new bushings in yourself. If you are very mechanically inclined, have a free day (the whole day, and have the proper tools (bushing press) get just the bushings. If you dont wanna waste all day and want to save ALOT of frustration, just get the whole control arms. I replaced control arm bushings on my other car and I will never do it again. And I love working on my car.
      oh i forgot to mention that it started after i crashed it. it's under warranty but it gets annoying knowing that i still have 4 years to pay on it and the chevy dealer couldn't repair it right

but thanks for the info! i'll def look into it

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

wow look at all the info. i have had the lower control bushings replaced and i still have the noise. i still have some warranty left so......... time to take it to a different shop i will let every one know how it (ruby) works out. thanks
      Romans10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      oh i forgot to mention that it started after i crashed it. it's under warranty but it gets annoying knowing that i still have 4 years to pay on it and the chevy dealer couldn't repair it right

but thanks for the info! i'll def look into it
      Ahh that is useful information. Is the noise coming from the side of the accident? What all got replaced in the accident?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast