2006 Aveo LS - we've had a lot of work done on it in the last half year, including thermostat housing replaced, brake pads replaced, spark plugs and wires replaced, air filter replaced. Basically the car was paid off and now it's wanting to be a douche.

Alright, now what's happening is when we're idling the car starts heating up. We have to be driving for at least 30 minutes for it to happen. Oh, and if the A/C is on, it's less likely to do that, plus, when we start moving again, it cools down back to normal again. I'd also like to add in that sometimes we smell a burning rubber smell, when stopping or slowing down. It's random. It's got enough coolant, so it can't be that either, and there's no leaks that we're noticing.

We were going to take it to a shop today, but well, finances got in the way of that. The reason we were going to do that, is because we've read so many different things it can be. If we could just fix this on our own, without having to take it to a shop, that'd be grand.

By the way, I say "we" because it's my boyfriends car.