•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cluster Lights

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Cluster Lights

Hey. I own a 2007 Chevy Aveo LT and i am very interested in making my cluster lights blue. I cannot find what kind of bulbs it takes or even what to do to change them. Please help me out with what bulb i need to replace the old ones to make it blue. Thanks!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Do you have a hatch or sedan?

Instead of just changing the bulbs I would suggest new faces...

For the 1st gen aveo---http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-AVEO-SPEEDOMETER-GAUGE-FACE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414274bae1QQitemZ28028 7820513QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

On the 2nd gen aveo, someone had a company make some custom gauge faces as well.

If you want to keep the stock faces through, you will have to remove the faces anyways and take of the green film. Even if you put blue bulbs in, they will still be green unless the film/tint is removed. Since you have to take the cluster out and take everything apart, I would really just grab new faces if you have the funds.

There are a ton of threads, I have to see what they call that bulb again, I did mine two years ago or so.

Thanks
      i have the sedan. I really dont want to change the face and it really doesnt look like there is a green film on it unless it is hidden. Anyway new faces might be the way to go but i really would rather go the cheap way out if at all possible. I am not against the new faces as i have said but if it is necessary i will do it. Also how do you know what gen your aveo is?

Thanks
      hey hey! I have the answer to your question. I did the LEDs on my girlfriends car.
      heres the video

As far as the details ill give them to you if you ever see this post.
      Last edited by johnny2086; 12-31-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks
      Hey! Yea I still haven't figured out how to do it so any help would be greatly appreciated! I went to black cat custom at they had nice face plates there online. Thanks for the help man!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      If you have the sedan, then their LEDs. You would have to unsolder the old ones, and solder in blue ones. Blackcatcustoms.com makes a kit for our car

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by tbroadwater2010 View Post
      Hey! Yea I still haven't figured out how to do it so any help would be greatly appreciated! I went to black cat custom at they had nice face plates there online. Thanks for the help man!
      Well I have seen the custom kit for the aveo on blackcatcustom.com but what I did was different.

Since the Aveo LT comes with LEDs already you can just buy the LEDs from some place cheap. The Cover is white so i didn't see a need to buy a new one. I actually CUT the square to show the gas counter. The Cover isn't tinted anywhere in the guage cluster BUT the Gas light which is YELLOW. I just put a blue tint and left it the INCANDESCENT it was because the LEDs interfere on the gas light for some reason.

I got my LEDs for my girlfriends car on Ebay! it was like 50 for like 5 bucks. The deals get even better I just bought 100 for like 6-7 bucks on sale. just check it out. Type in "Blue 1210 LEDs" or "Blue 3538 LEDs" into ebays search bar or whatever color you'd like...I heard pink sounds nice this time of year.

You have to be careful though since you have to de-solder the old LEDs and then solder on the new ones. You also have to figure Voltage differences. you saw my video. If your content with that, then you will love it Blue. The camara actually doesn't do it justice. It is actually brighter when your sitting in front of it. When my girlfriend has the dimmer on the lowest setting it's as bright as the stock LEDs were when she got the car lol.

LEDs
      The size of the leds in the car are known as 3528 AND/OR 1210. I don't know why they gave the size two different numbers....

When you replace certain colors with others theres a chance it won't be the brightness you want. For example if you change RED to BLUE the voltage across a RED LED is rated at anywhere from 1.5 to 2.6 and a BLUE LED is anywhere from 3.0 to 3.6.

Colors/Voltages
      BLUE
      GREEN
      WHITE
      PINK
      VIOLET/UV
      WARM WHITE
      All work in similar voltage ranges unless specified

RED
      YELLOW
      ORANGE
      All work in similar voltage ranges unless specified

When I replaced the RED LEDs from behind the needles with BLUE LEDs it was a decent lighting. You might feel different so im just giving you a heads up.

Lastly! POLARITY.
      I don't know how well informed you are of LEDs but you have to keep the direction the SAME! If you take a LED off thats polarized going for example from LEFT (POSITIVE) TO RIGHT (NEGATIVE) or vice versa, you MUST keep it the same direction. Luckily the Negative side on the LEDs for this car are VERY easy to find in the guage cluster. The LED has a kind of STEP on one of the corners indicating NEGATIVE. I'm sure you'll catch on.

Well...all I can do is wish you luck and hope it comes out alright. Keep me updated, and PICTURES! TAKE MANY MANY MANY PICTURES if not VIDEOS! and then youtube it....like me
      Last edited by johnny2086; 11-12-2011 at 05:59 PM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      here is my friend's aveo

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      friends!
      sorry for offtop
      can anybody advise pontiac wave cluster bezel OEM part number ???
      thanks
      Last edited by Seregga; 02-04-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks
      Hey!!! I havn't heard back from you! how have you been? My video attracted a lot of attention so I decided to make a "How to" video on the 2007 Chevy Aveo LT I worked on. So if you never got those LEDs done because of not knowing how to get into the cluster or the center console, here is your answer! and for anyone who ever sees this post! Good luck on your pursuit of happiness through LEDs!!!

Last edited by johnny2086; 12-31-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast