•  

Thread: A/C 09 Aveo LT question

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

A/C 09 Aveo LT question

I just got an Aveo 09, and the A/C does not work (I knew prior to purchase) but the thing that gets me if everything seems to function.

Compressor kicks on, fully charged, no leaks per my mechanic I've gone to for years and trust. But no cold air comes out. My mechanic is not certified on A/C systems, but was able to tell me its charged and has no leaks, I checked the fuses myself.

I have looked and other posts seem to describe the same problem, but seems none of the compressors worked in other posts and mine does, so Im thinking a different problem.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Dewsung View Post
      I just got an Aveo 09, and the A/C does not work (I knew prior to purchase) but the thing that gets me if everything seems to function.

Compressor kicks on, fully charged, no leaks per my mechanic I've gone to for years and trust. But no cold air comes out. My mechanic is not certified on A/C systems, but was able to tell me its charged and has no leaks, I checked the fuses myself.

I have looked and other posts seem to describe the same problem, but seems none of the compressors worked in other posts and mine does, so Im thinking a different problem.
      Good Morning Dewsung,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having concerns with the air conditioning in your Aveo. As we heavily rely on our dealerships to be our eyes and ears in the field, we recommend getting an official diagnosis at a certified GM dealership. I'd be happy to assist in locating a dealership in your area and setting up a service appointment. If this interests you, please private message us with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and your preferred dealership if you have one.

I look forward to your response!

Chelsea D.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      I'm having the same problem with 08 aveo LS. I've changed the Expansion valve which in my case was damaged...The AC now blows cold but not cold enough for a few mins then hot air for a few...Then cold again & so on. I have no clue what the problem could be now.

Thanks

2010 Aveo fan is intermittent while ac compressor is on

I have a 2010 Aveo LT and my car is doing the same I have checked all components and everything seems to be working but my fan does not stay on with AC it is intermittent I'm pretty sure my fan is supposed to stay on while the AC is engaged I have changed my high pressure sensor my expansion valve had the system vacuumed and refilled with refrigerant AC compressor kicks on and off periodically but still getting warm air just curious if I can be letting the right direction I feel like I tried everything.