•  

Thread: Any tips on silencing the endless ticks and rattles from a 2011 Aveo?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Any tips on silencing the endless ticks and rattles from a 2011 Aveo?

There are ticks and rattles coming from various locations along the dashboard, the driver's side door, the passenger side door, the back seats, the roof, the space between the seats, the trunk, you name it. This vehicle is the most colossal piece of **** I've ever encountered. I've owned or driven several dozen cars over the past 22 years, and none of them--used or new--ever produced the cacophony of senseless, irritating ticks and rattles this thing does.

I tell you on a smooth road ticks and creaks are emanating from one direction or another. I've got little paper tabs stuck in just about every crevice there is, and this has only silenced maybe a quarter of the ****ing noises. I'm stuck with this heap, still 12k more to go before it's payed off. I resist the urge every single day to drive it out into the desert and torch it. Just hoot and holler as the ****ing thing burns black smoke to the clouds. But I can't. I have to deal with this absolute heap of **** each and every day and there's nothing I can do about it.

Half the noises are coming from the interior of the dashboard, door, seats, hell if I know where else. I'm ready to take a crowbar and just rip the panels off until there's nothing left to rattle. I've lost faith in anything Chevy as a result of this car. For the rest of my life if I see a Chevy, I will up and run the other way as fast as I possibly can. To hell with this company and anything it makes.

Are there products sold that can be sprayed or stuffed into various locations to try to silence all this racket? Are there products sold that help you ferret out the source of this noise and that so I can at least know where **** they're coming from so I can try to do something about them? I'm at a loss. I'm ready to check in to the loony bin. I dread having to get into and drive this wreck. I dread it. Every time I walk out to that ****ing piece of **** I feel like I'm on the Green Mile. I can't take any more. This is cruel and unusual punishment.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      You do realize that it's a cheap economy car and not a Cadillac. Also, I don't understand all this extreme anger over noise. Could be a worse problem like a snapped timing belt, blown head gasket or a transmission on the fritz. Honestly, my Aveo is noisy, creaks, rattles, etc. but I still love driving it more than my family SUV which feels like I'm driving on a cloud in comparison to the Aveo. IMO if you hate it that much just sell it and move on to something else that will drive you less insane or just turn up the volume to your radio and problem solved.

I'll keep it and add a turbo thankful_ragamuffin's Avatar
      Thanks
      I have 168000 km on my '08 Wave, it has seen 6 brutal Alberta winters, been pounded over ice covered and frost heaved roads and no rattles - probably the best car I've ever owned. Ask me about the Dodge I owned that ate door handles (about 4 per year) and had the door fall off the first month I owned it.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi wingnut,

We understand your frustrations and also apologize to hear of this concern with your Aveo. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message if you would like for us to look further into this. In the message please reference this thread. We will be glad to help!

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html