My girlfriend has a 2007 Aveo and recently her stock radio quit working. The radio retains power as it is supposed to, but no sound comes out of the speakers, no AM/FM, or CD will play any sound from any of the speakers.

So I replaced it with an Aiwa unit and it was working when I had it on my lap while I was wiring it up. As soon as I put it in the dash and replaced all the panels it stopped working as well, with the exact same symptoms as the stock radio.

Thinking that maybe this radio was bad as well (it sat in my basement for a few years) I purchased a new JVC unit to put in. It wasn’t working either when I got it all wired up.

So just for fun, I put the Aiwa back in and it started working, then I took it out and put the JVC back in and it worked. I left the JVC in, in hopes it would continue to work, but less than 5 minutes down the road it stopped again. This time it comes on and off occasionally.

So, I have 3 radios that all experience the same symptoms, which I believe all 3 radios are in perfect working order. Is there some sort of amplifier or distribution block that all 4 speakers would be going through to cause this issue? It doesn't seem like wiggling the harness has much if any an affect on the the problem. Any ideas? Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!