•  

Thread: 2004 Aveo...need help!!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2004 Aveo...need help!!!

Hi,
      I have a 2004 Chevy Aveo hatchback. A few months back the car started to jerk and buck alittle when coming to stop lights intermitently. Now that is has gotten colder it stalls out completely. Starts right back up and works fine for a while. I got a pending code finally of P2279 (air intake leak). I already removed and cleaned the idle control air valve and new air filter. Any ideas????

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      did you check to make sure your intake piping running from the Air Filter Box to the Throttle Body is good and tight? and it would also be a good idea to check the bolts holding the Throttle Body to the intake manifold, and the bolts holding the Intake manifold to the cylinder head.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      did you check to make sure your intake piping running from the Air Filter Box to the Throttle Body is good and tight? and it would also be a good idea to check the bolts holding the Throttle Body to the intake manifold, and the bolts holding the Intake manifold to the cylinder head.
      I ordered a new air intake hose (the old one seems dry rotted). Can a vacuum leak cause this?

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by turbotommy View Post
      I ordered a new air intake hose (the old one seems dry rotted). Can a vacuum leak cause this?
      yes, a large enough Vacuum leak can cause the air/fuel mixture to lean out enough to stall the engine and throw that P2279.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      yes, a large enough Vacuum leak can cause the air/fuel mixture to lean out enough to stall the engine and throw that P2279.
      Any ideas on which ones my be the culprit? Are any prone to tearing/holes?

Thanks
      I also had the same issue with my car and found the problem but had to go through the bottom of the car and there was the problem. The EGR tube was split in half. This tube is a metalic hose running from your throttle body to your EGR and has several bend points in it. It can be located just 12 o clock from your distributer cap and the other side next to your throttle body. To closer inspect you may have to take the part off which can be done with a hex bit on the throttle body side and a metric wrench just on the right side of the main block. I picked one up from a local pull a part that was in perfect condition and it was better then paying 160 for a new one from a parts store :/