•  

Thread: ZAZ Vida, anyone? (Aveo's Ukrainian evil twin)

Thanks

ZAZ Vida, anyone? (Aveo's Ukrainian evil twin)

Look familiar?

Stumbled upon this pic and brief description...

Ukrainian-made ZAZ Vida sedan based on previous-generation Chevrolet Aveo.
      From: Duty Hike No Cure-All for Ailing Ukraine Auto Makers | Sales & Marketing content from WardsAuto

This isn't the first time I've seen an old or discontinued model "recycled" at other factories. It's one way for the original manufacturer to make a few more bucks -- by selling all their old tooling & other model-specific equipment.

I'm pretty sure an old version of the Chrysler Sebring met the same fate - tooling & equipment sold to a Russian company.

Yup, known as the "Volga Siber": http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...rysler-sebring

Attached Images Attached Images  

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
      Look familiar?

Stumbled upon this pic and brief description...

From: Duty Hike No Cure-All for Ailing Ukraine Auto Makers | Sales & Marketing content from WardsAuto

This isn't the first time I've seen an old or discontinued model "recycled" at other factories. It's one way for the original manufacturer to make a few more bucks -- by selling all their old tooling & other model-specific equipment.

I'm pretty sure an old version of the Chrysler Sebring met the same fate - tooling & equipment sold to a Russian company.

Yup, known as the "Volga Siber": RIP Volga Siber: Even Russians Hate The Old Chrysler Sebring
      Don't Remind me, We've got Several Siber Owners over at Stratusphere. and the version you are thinking of is the 2nd Generation 2001-2006 Sebring known as the JR Platform; the 1st Generation was known as the JA Platform, and it was known as the Chrysler Cirrus (which is pretty much why the JA Platform got its Nickname: The "Cloud Cars"). but the Sebring wasn't REALLY Hated until the 2007-2010 Model years, which is when Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson Gave the Sebring Convertible Such a Negative Thrashing, that it completely RUINED the Sebring Nameplate. Unfortunately, our Aveos weren't immune to Top Gear's American Car Bashing; because in Season 13, Episode 3, James May drove a 2009 Aveo5, and he did not say ONE GOOD THING about our cars (And I bet our Fellow Aveo Forum Members in the United Kingdom can confirm this.) but if any ZAZ Vida owners happen to stumble onto our site, I will welcome them with open arms!

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      ^^I seen the top gear episode with the aveo. James May hated it! lol

This little gem was also on top gear
      Last edited by Pickles; 04-18-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks
      I saw the Aveo police car episode, missed the James May review though!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
      I saw the Aveo police car episode, missed the James May review though!
      Be glad you DID, because they made fun of the Aveo5's Build Quality (the outer weatherstripping came loose at the top of the Driver's Door), they scoffed at the 15" Sport Wheel Covers, and slammed the Comfort of the seats, as well as the feel of the Manual Shifter, the Pedals, and the steering.

What's wrong with my car? BOR MAN's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      The difference is that ZAZ KIND set ENGINE with the Chinese Chery A13, the experience of which we already had in tuning force 200 with a 1.5 16 v SOHC Name:  ZAZ VIDA_новый размер.jpg
Views: 2747
Size:  188.8 KB
      here is an example Name:  zaz_forza_turbo_borman_150ps_779.jpg
Views: 3288
Size:  267.3 KB