•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPG seems really low..

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      shuld i feel pretty good i got 304miles on a tank in town then?? yesterday i took my mom to airport and it was 130 miles and only used quarter tank from full.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mgwalker View Post
      shuld i feel pretty good i got 304miles on a tank in town then?? yesterday i took my mom to airport and it was 130 miles and only used quarter tank from full.
      The second and the third quarter will go down as much as 100 miles, you will be surprise that the fuel tank is not a proportionate one.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
      The second and the third quarter will go down as much as 100 miles, you will be surprise that the fuel tank is not a proportionate one.
      I think its safe to say Aveo not the best gas saver lol. I have a 2004 sedan 5apeed manual. City driving and keeping engine at low rpm as much as I can get me about 22mpg. Highway driving keeping car under 70mph best so far has been 30mpg. My old 96 civic hx with similar driving and speeds on highway gave me a best 38mpg highway. Around 36 driving at 80mph. Just got a 93 civic vx. Rated at 37city 45 highway for the non lean burn one which I have. If I convert it to lean burn it's 39/49 city highway but cost $250. I'll report mileage on this little sucker when I'm done with it and getting it running lol. Got the head rebuilt.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Sell the aveo.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      Sell the aveo.
      I probably will after I get the civic up and running. But the Aveo is roomy in the back seat and I had some good moments with the lady's back there if u know what I mean lol. Although picking A girl In a Aveo and old civic is pretty embarrassing lol

Thanks
      I have an 05 aveo hatchback. I have 75,600 miles on it. it has a 12 gallon fuel tank on it. I`m constantly feathering the throttle pedal and watching where i purchase my fuel from.i always have to drive defensively in my town so I`m not getting in wrecks and i try to take the roads with the least amount of stop lights/signs and less traffic in general. I can obtain 27-28 mpg out of my car. Staying ahead of the maintaince of the vehicle (oil changes, {i air the tires up to between 35-40} tire rotations, keeping the hood clean, air filter), that stuff helps the car get better mpg, {imo}. im in process of getting an alignment done. (alignments make sure the wheels are facing the same direction and reduce rolling resistance and are recommended ever 15000 miles or sooner if local roads are cratered) I hope I help shed some light on this situation. good luck to all!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123