•  

Thread: discussion on fueling

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

discussion on fueling

hey all found this on the bounce website. wondering how much of it is true, and how much is bull****?

http://my.homewithgod.com/mkcathy/household/gas.html

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: discussion on fueling

Most of it is a myth, I listed a site here for you. I saw some more on GasBuddy.com, but couldn't find it.
      http://www.turndownhotfuel.com/myths.html
      2008 Chevy Aveo LT

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

i say we all just drive in chilly weather. we go farther that way.
      Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3084956

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melficersx
      i say we all just drive in chilly weather. we go farther that way.
      Actually we get worst mpg in the winter, just because the gas is cooler, and so is the air. If you read hypermiling website, they actually put war air intakes on their cars. Reason is the engine has more than enough power at cruising speed, reducing the amount of air to the engine reduces the amount of fuel also. The result is better MPG.

Another mod includes running a hotter rated thermostat.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

i think that it is all bull**** but there may be some truth to it. we all need to really look at anything we can do to get a mile or two more out of the gas we put in. if any one has an aditive that really works and can show proof please do. i have tried a few octain boosters all they have really done for me is clean the injecters i tried a gas pill that just made my car run like ****. there is a magnet that is claiming to allign the fuel at a Molecular level. the problem with this is that hydrocarbons are not magnetic. so you just need to look at everything you can and do the research before you buy. so far the best way to get good MPG is an oil change clean filters and change out your spark plugs.
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1rdbrain
      i think that it is all bull**** but there may be some truth to it. we all need to really look at anything we can do to get a mile or two more out of the gas we put in. if any one has an aditive that really works and can show proof please do. i have tried a few octain boosters all they have really done for me is clean the injecters i tried a gas pill that just made my car run like ****. there is a magnet that is claiming to allign the fuel at a Molecular level. the problem with this is that hydrocarbons are not magnetic. so you just need to look at everything you can and do the research before you buy. so far the best way to get good MPG is an oil change clean filters and change out your spark plugs.
      omg. u didnt put that damn pill in ur car did you?

was it something like this?:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2248
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      omg. u didnt put that damn pill in ur car did you?

was it something like this?:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2248
      i think it was the MPG-CAP™ it could have been something other then that but the same looking crap. what it was is my really good friend Glen is big time into alot of the multi-level marketing crap and he got in to this fuel pill. he talked to me time and time again and after about 3 weeks of hearing his Bull **** speach about this gods gift to better fuel prices i agreed to put this crap in a full tank of gas with the stippulation that he bought the full tank of gas $2.45 a gallon if that tells you how long ago it was. i would track the MPG with the tank of gas knowing that my Aveo was getting 27 MPG just tolling around town. the ****ING CRAP PILL gave me a Wopping 18 MPG and then when i was down to the last of the tank started running Ruff. i was PISSED OFF i went out got 2 bottles of fuel injecter cleaner and a full tank of gas kept the bill in the glove box along with the bill for 2 full tanks of gas and told the basterd to pay me to fix what he did wrong. my Aveo didn't get the right MPG for 4 tanks of gas with cleaner added to every tank.

What it all comes down to is i didn't do the research i should have before i tested it. there is an Oil from Royal Purple that does get higher horse power and better MPG's it is tested and does work also going to a lighter oil weight will help and for thoughs of you who have the high amout of miles using a high millage sythetic oil will help out. and remember oil changes every 3,000 miles does keep your car running better then NO OIL CHANGES. if you wait till it's black you are better off flushing your money down the drain.

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA