•  

Thread: 37 MPG

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

37 MPG

So I ran a milage test this week. I topped off the tank and ran 60 MPH hwy speed and the posted speed limit every where else. I cut the jack rabbit starts at lights and watched the RPMs and did not over rev between shifts. In short, I drove like an old man. I ran 374 Miles on 10 gallons of fuel to get 37 MPG, up 5 MPG from what I usually get. Normally I run the car any where from 65 to 75ish MPH and have been getting around 31-32 MPG. I plan to add a K&N air filter to see if I can break into 40 MPG. I hate to take her down to 55 MPH in fear of getting run over, but I may to see what that will take me to. Maybe some day will have enough dough for an 06 GTO, but till then the Aveo will do ( I do dig the looks of the 2011 models if they end up looking like the pics I see).

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: 37 MPG

That's a good mpg number there... I just did one of those test runs (between 55-60 on the freeway, not a very flat one either)... and I got somewhere around 35.3 on a 58 mile loop... I filled up at the exact same gas station at an exact same position... both times in the middle of the night...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Serega, you kind of have the jekle and hyde thing there,You can let her rip or cruise for mpg's both! And look good doing it! Bet you could get it up a bit higher but it would involve driving in the 40's which if you have a route that is you should try it and see if there is a diff.
      '06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hammsaveo
      Serega, you kind of have the jekle and hyde thing there,You can let her rip or cruise for mpg's both! And look good doing it! Bet you could get it up a bit higher but it would involve driving in the 40's which if you have a route that is you should try it and see if there is a diff.
      That was my point... make a DD that gets a decent mileage and looks good doing it. and I'm sure I could drive 45 mph on the interstate, as long as I keep in the right lane and do it at night...

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD