•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up in the East side

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

What's up in the East side

Met up with a member on here who hooked me up with some stock Aveo Rims until I can get some more custom ones on again. (Sold my old ones to my roomates girl who also has an Aveo) His ride is hella sick and I decided to check this out. I've added a few pics. Just upgraded my stereo system so will need to post some pics of that. Should have my LED tailights later on today. Will definately be looking into getting a body kit soon.

A little about me my name is Chris and I like to work on cars lol. I finally got into a house with a really nice garage so I can work on my projects and then less than a month after moving in got laid off from my job. (Thanks WDS LOL) So lately have just been working on friends cars and doing yard work haven't been able to do much with my cars (you know the whole unemployment thing. No extra money to buy parts.) Anyway but real excited to do some more mods when I get some money.

Modifications:

Tinted windows by Jay's Tint shop in Kirkland Washington all windows were about $200

Custom Blue and Black Seat covers (temporary until I can actually get them re-upholstered)

Custom 05 Blue Viynl on front and back Windsheild done by JJ graphics and signs in Kirkland Wa (courtesy
      from the owner who was my neighbor at my old apartment complex)

Black and white dice (Courtesy of the unveiling of the new Camaro at Auburn Chevrolet last summer)

Black and Blue steering wheel cover

(Can you tell what my favorite colors are? lol)

Black LED Tail Lights

Blue LED bulb with 4 LED's for dome light

Soon to be MODS

Black Halo/LED headlights (next week sometime)

Black 17X7.5 MSR Style 043 Rims (2 weeks)

Engine work:

Just bought a new timing belt and will probably look at a walkthrough that someone had mentioned someone posted

here.(Shmucks (O'Riley's) didn't have a Chiltons or a Hayes and the said that he didn't even see one in print

for the Aveo's. Will probably do that in a few days as well seeing as how I'm a few hundred miles over 50,000.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: What's up in the East side

Well, thank you for the compliments, Chris, hope they work out for you for now! It was cool to see another Aveo owner... By the way, why did you sell the rims in the first place?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

You're welcome. I sold them cause I needed the money and was planning on getting new ones anyway. I got the one's I sold used to they had a lot of curb damage(not from me) and paint peeling off that you can't see in the picturs.

Thanks

Makes sense... and I'm done with my gauges... you can see the finished product here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27397&p=71782#p71782

Post up some pics of her with the steelies. (the tires should be in decent condition.. you could easily get another 10-15k out of them)

Thanks

Sick Man!!! That was hella quick!! They look great. I wanted to get some white ones but seen that you were able to get silver do they have any other colors or do they only do it by request. I got the tires on my car and my car off jack stands now I can drive it again with my new system. Will probably get the timing belt tomorrow and install it within the next couple of days.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Why did I guess that it was serega12 when you say you met another member? Glad to hear your car is off jack stands with a little help from him.
      ---
      Aveo Underdrive Pulleys -- $20 Off Sale This Week. Get more info here.
      ---

Thanks

LOL, Daox, what's that supposed to mean? then again, I do come up to almost every aveo driver I meet to ask them if they're on aveoclub.net. ... when I think something is cool and useful, I share it with others.

How about some aveoclub.net stickers? I'd rock one in silver.

Thanks

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the job, but the Aveo does look nice. I like the hatches more than the sedans...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Mind_05
      Sick Man!!! That was hella quick!! They look great. I wanted to get some white ones but seen that you were able to get silver do they have any other colors or do they only do it by request. I got the tires on my car and my car off jack stands now I can drive it again with my new system. Will probably get the timing belt tomorrow and install it within the next couple of days.
      Yes, they do offer different colors. The colors you can choose from are white (standard), blue, bright blue, burgundy, dark grey, green, metallic silver (that's the one I got), orange, red, and yellow. The white one is 19.99, and all the other colors are +$30 for the color change (they print them separately)

You can check it out here: http://whitegauges.net/products/2004%25 ... auges.html

Just take my (and their) advice: use the hair dryer. Even though they say its optional, I messed up one set because even though they appeared dry, the sun dried them even more next day and there were bubbles everywhere. Good thing they were cool enough to send me a replacement set free of charge. Good customer service.

And another advice, don't use too much soap, one drop for a tiny 1 OZ spray bottle is enough. Any more and they slide too much and can cause significantly more bubbles. They aren't perfect, but I like them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      How about some aveoclub.net stickers? I'd rock one in silver.
      Stickers! Yeah, good idea.

Let me look into that. Remind me again next week.

---
      Aveo Underdrive Pulleys -- $20 Off Sale This Week. Get more info here.
      ---

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast