•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project M33 EVL !!

What do you mean there's no turbo? M33EVL's Avatar
      Thanks

Post Project M33 EVL !!

just starting this new topic rather than me posting a million new things.. just gonna keep it all in once place..

first thing regretidly im not going for the VXR swap now as ive made plans to get my car on the road by the end of this year..

ive made plans to now build my own hyper/super car sounds dumb and stupid but im going all out.. buuld her from ground up.. planning to start this soon as i finish my kalos which should be around December latest..

soo instead im just going to add a small turbo to to my kalos... and do a auto to manual gearbox conversion.

besides that all the exterior and interior mods will remain...

possibly will go with the bigger brake upgrades... like xiogary did.. minimum bigger front brakes...

wont make my bonnet out of fiberglass and carbon fiber as im not going for great speed... just going to shape up my current metal bonnet and skin it with carbon fiber...

this will end up being my daily day to day car and also possibly show car if looks good enough lol!

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: Project M33 EVL !!

GOOD luck~ i know u have been workin hard on ur m33evl.
      hope 2 see the progress~
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

So what did you have in mind for building the supercar of yours?

And good idea with compiling all your ideas into one thread - I know rabbit will be happy.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

loolll well atleast im pleasin sum1

umm as for the super/hyper car...
      im gona cheat abit and more than likly take the chassi from another car and then build around it, ive always had a thing for V10's so possibly going the V10 route and then possibly turbo and super charged..
      engine wise not 100% yet in what im going to use but i know that my target will be a 0-60 time in under 5 seconds pref around the 4 second margin.
      so obv front rear disc brakes...
      not sure wevr i wana go AWD (all wheel drive) or RWD.(rear wheel drive).. still thinking about tht.. but defo not FWD (front wheel drive) loll...

has to sound AMAZZINNNGG, loveee the sound of lambo revs... so probably tweak the exhaust to replicate similar sound or just simply nick the exhaust off a lambo lol...
      having said that i am also a totttaaal fool for the sound of aston martin DB9's and DBS's i just drooooool all day long.. 1 of my neighbours have 1 and i know this sounds sad but its like the ebst part of my day when i hear his car just driving past ARGHHHHH the gurggllling of the exhaust and the... ahhhh... you wont know what i mean unless you hear one... you tube clips dont do it any justice..

but at the same time i dont want something that when im just doing normal driving it does my head in...

want something that also looks great all year around... so looking in to the hard top convertibles as well... might nick one of the roofs off another car and re-make parts from carbon fiber, or maybe even the see through roof like im going to do for my kalos..

as for the body.. its going to be low and wide..
      love the look of lambo doors as well as gulwing doors...
      defo have pillarless doors like most merc/bmw's
      might take the mclaren concept of 3 seats as well...

so it has to look unique! and fab...
      havent really started planning yet.. i want to concentrate on my kalos for now.. dont want to get side tracked and to be honest i havent put much thought in to it there about the only things ive thought of... so gonna play with those ideas and see were i go from there...

Thanks

Arrow Re: Project M33 EVL !!

just poped in 2 my garag the other day after tidying it up... took a pic of what my car looks like at the moment..
      restarting the bonnet, creating the bad boy bonnet (eyebrows) then a active scoop for the ford focus rs type bonnet scoop.
      and the rear wide arches off a vauxhal corsa b type prowler kit.. only done 1 side still need to make a start on the other side... hmpf!

still front bumperless LOLL should have one by mid september fingers crossed [-o<
      then remaking the bumper i had with the astra bottom lip and the vents on the side of the bumper like the audi's and some other cars.

still need to start the roof project...

damn just makes me realise how much i still have to do...

andd not to mention GEAR BOX.!! urgh!!!
      thinking to just do a straight conversion from auto to manual. so i skip the hase of trying to get the gearbox ecu remaped so it shifts in sunc with the boost after turboing the kalos..

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

gearbox remaped?

I didnt think you could do that for the auto

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo
      gearbox remaped?

I didnt think you could do that for the auto
      ye i read it up on one of the forums. someone tried to turbo their aveo and had to end up re-maping their auto gearbox so it shifts faster. well thats what they said..
      does make a bit of sens... read on a few other forums people with other cars remap their gearbox ecu's for some other reasons..
      just quick search on google and few come up...
      i didnt even know i had to remap it...
      there was one guy who turboed his aveo one of the first few i suspect seeing as when i read his project agess ago he said he had to remove it all again because the car wasnt shifting quick enough. meaning the car was red-linging for a few seconds and then shifting... obv not good for fuel and specially the engine!!
      soooo forgeeet that.. either ecu remap of manual conversion if its not tooo hard and complicated.. prefer tha manual 2 b honest as i fink turboed cars are pointless in auto.. spec when you got the dump valv sound jus woooosshhh woooosh woooosh on evry gear change :P

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

if you are adding a turbo then you have to get another tranny besides the aveo tranny, it will blow apart at the numbers you are looking at

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

I like what you did with the hood (a.k.a. bonnet ). Looks mean. Reminds me of my buddy's jetta. He deleted his fogs and front sidemarkers, moved those up to the aftermarket headlight. Debadged it too. Here are a few pics.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

niceee finish on the car.....
      loll sorry here in the uk we say bonnet..

thing is tho... i realised when i was actually doing it... MOT TESSTT!!!!
      thosee punkkss blimin are crazy! i dont think my bonnet would pass.. cos the light beam is being cut in to.. and then there gona prob say ahh they are un even or some rubbish.. prob just buy a spare "hood" and use that for MOT lol.. then again half the other things on my car would probably ring bigger alarm bells like the screen in my steering wheel .....
      loll
      once again another stupid thing i didnt think through very well... ahhhhh who caress.. il find a dodgy MOT guy ahahah...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast