•  

Thread: Hello all

Work in progress....
      Thanks

Hello all

I recently got my '06 Aveo sedan because my truck died. I needed something fairly cheap, and a coworker sold me his. It had been sitting in a parking lot for about 6 months. I managed to get it to run long enough to get it on a trailer and brought it home. It was throwing all sorts of codes and I cleared them and got it going. I thought maybe it was from the battery being dead so long and I had replaced the battery. After reading up here, I looked on ebay and bought literally the cheapest ECU I could find. Replaced the ECU, plug and play. Apparently the old one was having read-only memory issues. Its running and driving fine now and I'm going to use it as a daily driver while I get my truck done.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Clearing fault codes is a common practice, especially after replacing a battery or addressing issues in a vehicle. In your case, replacing the battery might have reset the electronic control module (ECM) and cleared some of the fault codes that were triggered due to the previous battery issues or the prolonged period of inactivity.

Work in progress....
      Thanks
      Yeah. I drove it for about a week with a OBD scanner plugged in so I could clear the codes and keep driving. The ECM memory code kept coming back until I replaced the ECM and have stayed gone ( Knock on wood ) so far. the EGR code is the only one that came back and I pulled it and cleaned it and so far, so good.