•  

Thread: Fiance's Aveo....intro

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Fiance's Aveo....intro

Hey guys,
      Thought it'd post up some pics and introduce myself.

This isn't my car, it's my fiances, but I thought you'd all like to see another modded Aveo.

I'm the owner of a customizations shop here in Idaho, and my fiance never let me touch her car.....as she liked it how it was. Welllllllllll, it needed new tires. That meant down time......down time when I'm around isn't a good thing if you don't want your car worked on.

So new tires turned into:
      New Tint
      New Smoked Lights All Around
      Painted Grill and Bumper
      Painted Rims and Covers
      Bi-Xenon Retro-fitted headlights with Body-Matched Apollo Shrouds

Now, I can enjoy driving this thing at night....as the stock lights sucked.

Next up will be Coil Over Suspension and rims.

Thanks for your time...and I'm enjoying looking up stuff to do to the car in the future through this forum!

Stock

Pile o' Parts to go to painter

Bumper Taped Off

Smoked Side Lights

All Wired up for Projectors

Original Reason for Downtime

And the splurging

Thanks
      Bi-Xenon projectors with body-matched shrouds, new tint, rims on and reppin' the company

Thanks
      Welcome to the site.

Thanks for sharing. I like what you did with the lights. Not a huge fan of the black wheel covers, but to each their own!

Thanks
      Ya....i'm not either....but Rims will be next...along with some coil overs.....so for now....I just wanted to get rid of the random silver colors throughout the car

Thanks
      After reading this and contacting Cartman 32 about where he got his lights, he informed me that he had made them himself. Instead of paying someone to do this mod I decided to research where to get the parts I needed and found theretrofitsource.com. I chose the bi xenon H1 morimoto mini retrofit kit with Apollo shrouds and 5000k bulbs. Then I purchased new headlight housings as mine were pretty rough looking. I started by adding the LED "city lights" that I had before and then fitted the new projectors and proceeded to cut the shrouds to fit in the factory spec housings. This took much longer that I had expected but it turned out quite well. Here are some pics.

- Sal

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      wow thats awesome how much did all this run you?

Thanks
      looking good, nice work! too bad you're not closer, always looking for great companies to get sponsorship in return for advisement. keep us updated!

Thanks
      The new headlights were $80 a piece on eBay, it's a little less if you buy them as a pair, around $140. The retrofit kit was $275 with tax and shipping. The shrouds generally cost another $25, but the sales rep included them at no extra charge insisting that I would prefer the appearance of a larger shroud to fill the housing. The morimoto minis come standard with the "mini Gatling gun" shroud which is much smaller and would have eliminated any cutting which would have saved me at least three hours and a lot of frustration. I actually ended up taking them apart the next day tto cut a little more to allow me to properly adjust the beams. I also ended up cross threading the lock nut on the back of the projector which took me two hours to finally break free without damaging anything, I ended uup having to run a dye ove the threads to be re assemble. This was my first retrofit and I would definitely do it again and I definitely learned a few tricks. My rrecommendation would be to read all of the information in the buyers guid on the retrofit sources website. Also, place your order over the phone so that you might be able to ask any questions you might have. The staff is very knowledgable and friendly. I'm glad I went with the 5000k lights as they are extremely white, no yellow, no blue. They are incredibly bright compared with my halogens, even when I was running 110 watt bulbs. The last thing was the "city lights" which was just some smd led's off eBay, $5 and two 194 twist lock sockets from oreilly's, $5 each. So total around $450. Oh, and watch as many YouTube videos on HID retrofits as you can find, they are really helpful.

Here is the link to the retrofit source:
      Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc
      - Sal