•  
    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: spoiler

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I wrote to the fine folks at www.sgcarstyling.com to see how much shipping would be to SC, USA. Awaiting a response. I do agree, that is one bad looking spoiler.

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      I dont know how it will look yet but, I ordered the F22 model aluminum spoiler from OBX (ebay) $60 with shipping, its in the body shop being factory paint matched. once I get the spoiler back, and I install it, ill take pics and see if can get them posted. If i cant get them posted on here, Ill have them posted on my cardomain page.
      I had the same spoiler, it is very well made, I think it will look nice, but it is a very agressive design with hard edges instead of the soft/flowing look of the original. The pedestals are short so it will be close to the body, this is not a tall wing style also the wing angle has quite a bit of adjustment. The wing is aluminum, the pedestals are aluminum but the side plates are steel and very heavy, I remade the side plates out of heavy pexiglass, than sanded and painted it blk to match the rest. U can use the stock ones or make copies out of a light material of ur choice.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSS View Post
      I had the same spoiler, it is very well made, I think it will look nice, but it is a very agressive design with hard edges instead of the soft/flowing look of the original. The pedestals are short so it will be close to the body, this is not a tall wing style also the wing angle has quite a bit of adjustment. The wing is aluminum, the pedestals are aluminum but the side plates are steel and very heavy, I remade the side plates out of heavy pexiglass, than sanded and painted it blk to match the rest. U can use the stock ones or make copies out of a light material of ur choice.
      I have been looking for that F22 Spoiler. I can't find it on EBAY or elsewhere. Any links to it?
      I have yet to hear from SG Car Styling.....I think they don't want any money...

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      I have been looking for that F22 Spoiler. I can't find it on EBAY or elsewhere. Any links to it?
      I have yet to hear from SG Car Styling.....I think they don't want any money...
      on ebay, it can be found by searching for OBX aluminum spoiler, the ebay listing does not use F22 for searching, the one I have is all aluminum, unpainted, the end caps, are aluminum as well. the spoiler was $35, and $25 for shipping. I took it to a chevy dealership bodyshop to be paint matched to my car. its been at the bodyshop almost 2 weeks now waiting to be painted.

Thanks
      Found the spoiler on EBAY. I do like it and when you get yours, pualsaveo, please post pictures. I am very interested in the mounts for the spoiler. Do you plan to to just screw it to the top part of the hatch or the roof of the car?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      nothing adds hp but work to the engine. you can free up hp lost in other areas, but thats different than increasing hp.
      No, these spoilers increase hp. They produce a hydrofoil effect that churns up cool, dense, boundary layer air behind the car with a small vacuum right in front of the spoiler which sucks the car forward to the tune of about 5hp. It's proven. Believe me. It's scientific.

Steve

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      .........................:/

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      Found the spoiler on EBAY. I do like it and when you get yours, pualsaveo, please post pictures. I am very interested in the mounts for the spoiler. Do you plan to to just screw it to the top part of the hatch or the roof of the car?
      2 weeks ago today I dropped it off at my local chevy bodyshop for painting, Im still waiting. I will be removing the OEM spoiler, and the paintmatched OBX spoiler, I will be bolting in pretty the same general position as the OEm on the hatch itself.

Thanks
      tomorrow will be 4 weeks that my spoiler has been in the body shop waiting for paint, i am becoming frustrated at this point

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      tomorrow will be 4 weeks that my spoiler has been in the body shop waiting for paint, i am becoming frustrated at this point
      What about Maco? Considering the cost of the spoiler and your frustration. It's time to award work to somebody else...I am looking forward to your pics!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast