E-tec II Underdrive Crankshaft Pulley ( 2004 - 2008 )
- INCREASES POWER TO THE WHEELS: 15% smaller in diameter than the stock pulley. This turns your accessories slower which frees up more horsepower to go to the wheels.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Substantial 78% weight reduction from the stock pulley which reduces rotational inertia - 5.5 lbs OEM vs. 1.2 lbs
- DIRECT BOLT ON: The E-tec II underdrive crankshaft pulley is a direct replacement for your stock crankshaft pulley.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Installation takes about 30 minutes.
- QUALITY: High precision CNC machined aluminum. Made in the USA.
- This part fits the 1.6L E-tec II engine in 2004 - 2008 Aveos.
For more information on the development of this pulley see:
For installation instructions see:
$99.99 shipped to the US lower 48 states.
(For international orders, AK & HI, please contact us for shipping quote)
For those that prefer eBay, we also have the pulleys listed on ebay here:
And for those who prefer Amazon, we have the pulleys listed, and they're prime eligible for free 2 day shipping!
Years ago, Darin and I developed and had a few underdrive pulleys manufactured for the etec II Aveo engine (2004-2008 Aveos). Over the years, we've had interest from random people who want a pulley, but we've long since sold out of them. We didn't do another production run because there didn't seem to be enough interest. However, its been a while now, and I am trying to gauge if there are enough people to justify another production run.
The pulleys are made of aluminum and are substantially lighter than the stock steel pulley. They're also a bit smaller in diameter so the spin the accessories slower. Combined, these benefits add a few horsepower to the Aveo. Many of the buyers were very happy with their purchase.
Here is more info on the pulleys:
So, if you're interested, the price will probably go up a bit as it has been years since the first run. The first run was $154 shipped to the lower 48 states. However, it will depend on how many people are interested. The more people the lower the cost.
Let me know in this thread if you're interested and I can get a quote from the machine shop.