•  

Thread: Updated pic on the Aveo

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Cool Updated pic on the Aveo

Hey guys, i did somethings to my Aveo since the last time I posted. I debadged, installed Viper Remote Start and Security System, and new sound system. I have JVC head unit, Polk Audio speakers, and a 10" Kicker sub powered by an Alpine amp. It sounds really nice . Tell me what you think.

Attached Images Attached Images          
      08 Cosmic Silver Chevy Aveo LS Sedan

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time" Dom

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      i was looking at that viper alarm. How much did it cost you and did u have a shop professionally install it? I'm looking to get me one since ive done alot of things to my aveo.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I got it at Best Buy for $500 plus trunk release for $60 more. Best Buy installed it for me. they did a great job installing it. it looks like it came with the car from factory. now the $500 included the basic install which it doesn't include the extra parts if your car needs extra parts. The Viper system I got has remote start included. it's the Viper 5901 system. I would recommend it for anyone looking to protect their modified car

Banned
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by StreetracingPR View Post
      I got it at Best Buy for $500 plus trunk release for $60 more. Best Buy installed it for me. they did a great job installing it. it looks like it came with the car from factory. now the $500 included the basic install which it doesn't include the extra parts if your car needs extra parts. The Viper system I got has remote start included. it's the Viper 5901 system. I would recommend it for anyone looking to protect their modified car
      I don't believe in alarms. Reason being is because they're set off by a hair trigger. When one goes off, you're usually in a store and therefore can't hear it anyways and no one thinks twice as the only thought to cross their mind is "Shut that damned thing off! No one wants your crappy car."
      What I DO believe in is theft deterrent systems like the theftlock system that came stock on my Monte. Insert the wrong key, and the ignition is shut off for 5 minutes. This also makes the car somewhat hard to hot wire. The radio won't work if you disconnect it ever again unless you put in a code to deactivate the system.Basically wires and sensors to make any thief's job a living nightmare without annoying the public.
      Last edited by Z34guy; 10-20-2010 at 07:20 PM.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I have mine set up tht it's not super sensitive. it's just right. But when I first got it the installer set it up way to sensitive tht car with exhaust or semi-truck j-braking would set it off..

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      The Viper alarm I had before had a pager feature when it activated, u can also adjust the sensitivity, but the best thing is to be mindfull of where u park. Well lighted areas, not leaving stuff on the inside of the car helps too. I had one of those locks that goes in the brake pedal, sounds like overkill to have both on but the key to having ur car not stolen is to make it hard to take it, kind of like more trouble than its worth... Today I don't even bother, I lock the doors and leave the trunk unlocked and the keys in there in plain view, let them take it, I'll just buy another with the insurance money!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      you know if you leave the car with the keys in it and its stolen, the insurance company doesnt have to pay for the car?

It takes about 20 seconds to disarm a viper alarm if its installed at best buy, just reach in front of the brake pedal (typically) and pull. Or pop the hood and disconnect the battery. If your not taking the whole car, you can be in and out of it in about 2 minutes.

I go with leaving doors locked and no key. If they want in bad enough they will break a window. The only alarm i would install would kill the starter (to keep the car), and keep the doors physically locked, then if they want in or out they will be slowed down considerably.

When i had my mustang with 20in wheels i had 100k lb strength chains (frame machine chain) and very good pad locks that i put through the wheel spokes around the strut and back out to the lock if the car was going to be parked somewhere for a long time.
      Along with the door look disable (you cant really fit through that window easily).

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      you know if you leave the car with the keys in it and its stolen, the insurance company doesnt have to pay for the car?

It takes about 20 seconds to disarm a viper alarm if its installed at best buy, just reach in front of the brake pedal (typically) and pull. Or pop the hood and disconnect the battery. If your not taking the whole car, you can be in and out of it in about 2 minutes.

I go with leaving doors locked and no key. If they want in bad enough they will break a window. The only alarm i would install would kill the starter (to keep the car), and keep the doors physically locked, then if they want in or out they will be slowed down considerably.

When i had my mustang with 20in wheels i had 100k lb strength chains (frame machine chain) and very good pad locks that i put through the wheel spokes around the strut and back out to the lock if the car was going to be parked somewhere for a long time.
      Along with the door look disable (you cant really fit through that window easily).
      Now THAT'S a good idea. Screw alarms.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I never heard that about insurance, I worked for the police for a few years and we had plenty of cars came in with the keys and never heard of problems with the insurance, but u never know, they can probably make a issue if they want than all u got to do is say the key must fell of ur pocket, u know what I mean... As far as they breaking the window, I had that happen before and I rather they take the car than do that, cleaning the mess, having to pull door panels, finding a shop to replace it, it just sucks. We found that the cars that came in with the keys had the least amount of damage when recovered, to me u got two choices, make it really hard or really easy for them to get it, anything in betewen just pisses them off and causes them to tear ur car up just to spite u.

Last edited by AveoSS; 10-20-2010 at 09:36 PM.