•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sidewinder's 2010 Pontiac G3

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Sidewinder's 2010 Pontiac G3

I love the gauge cluster on the G3!

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Well that lasted all of 4 months...

Decided to make a few minor changes to my car since I bought it. Actually it stemmed from seeing two cars that were stock and same colour as mine one was an Aveo and the other a G3. After that I kinda decided screw it I need to change SOMETHING. So I painted Aveo hubcaps and put them on, mainly because it was free. I also gave my taillights a light tint, I didn't want to go too crazy with it but the BRIGHT red they used to be was starting to annoy me. Anyway enough chatter:

I love how in some lighting it looks black, and man I wish my Lumina was still that shiny.

PS. I love The G3 cluster as well, partially why I chose it over the Aveo, that and it was cheaper for the same car

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Thanks

Nice! I love the red lighting and cluster also! Would have bought a G3 if the Aveo wasn't such a deal at the time. Maybe down the road there will be some clusters in the scrap yards to do a swap with gauges and radio.
      A body to G Body to F Body to DSM to Subcompact?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

best mods are the free ones!! lol DIY FTW =D>
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

I think that looks great! nice job!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Thanks
      Well, the little G3 got its first taste of snow today, well first real taste. I don't mean a little bit of snow, no rather than being gentle with her delivery, mother nature exploded and has dumped arse tons of snow on us. I took some pictures to commemorate the true break in of this car.

Now almost all of this snow fell within the last 24 hour period and I've been driving through basically all of it. As you can see from the last pictures the snow is almost to the bottom of where the body of the car sits. I gotta admit, I have been very impressed with how this car handles the snow. I think maybe partially because of the standard and partially because it gives me more feedback then the Lumina did and I've noticed when it is letting go earlier than I do with the Lumina. I also took it for a rip in a snow covered parking lot and this thing is so easy to control in the snow its almost too fun. Overall solid day of driving, got me to the south end of the city and back to the north without much fuss and safely, very very happy.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Thanks
      Well today isn't exactly the ideal day to be taking pictures, but I wanted to get some pictures of the car today before it starts getting dirty again. Just got it tinted and it definitely looks sharp with this color:

Now I just need to get the subs installed.

PS. Updated my garage while I was at it.
      Last edited by Sidewinder; 05-15-2011 at 12:28 AM.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      What color does the clock light up?

Thanks
      Well, I just washed the car (well actually the dealership did) and I added the finishing touches. Its been awhile since I have posted pictures and I have added a couple little items. I figured I should post up some more pictures of the car.

Hopefully much more coming now that I am working a decent job!

Thanks
      Been awhile since I have been on here, been extremely busy. I've changed and added a couple items to the car over the summer. I have pictures I plan to go through, though they are not the greatest (took with my phone). Unfortunately my camera died over the summer, haven't had the money to get a new one yet.

Anyway I will get started with aftermarket power locks:

I don't have pictures of the install as I would have liked. Unfortunately I did not have the tools that I needed to do this install and had to get it done by a buddy of mine. The kit used was a four door control kit that has the master control motor that locks all doors when the driver door is locked. However, I had a motor added to the rear hatch as well, so all of the doors including the hatch are now powered.

I decided to paint a few of the interior pieces and the cap on the engine as well. Painting actually turned out better than I hoped and it isn't too 'loud' of an accent to the car and kinda looks like it could have been factory. I wanted to keep it subtle so, I only painted a few bits.

Lastly, I wanted to have a go at vinyls for this car. Given I worked at a dealership this summer made this a bit easier. I spent a good while playing around with the design and trying to decide what I wanted to do, and in keeping with my subtle approach I decided to use black.

If you cant see it, there are three stripes on the bottom side with text. It turned out much better than I though it would frankly. Like the blue in the paint looking black in some light; in certain light you can see the striping, in some light you cant. It also looks normal from further away. The picture below for example, the car does have the stripe.

So the stripes are on both sides, and turned out almost perfectly to what I wanted.

Thanks for looking!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast