•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In dire need of TLC

Banned
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      see, saabs have them, and i dint even look :P
      well, it does make sense having known Saab's love of turbocharged engines. Avoid putting any GM FWD automatic on that engine though. Even in the US, automatic LNF's were detuned.

- 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      welcome back brai.. long time no see & post..

Thanks
      Hi resty..yup its been too long..i was thinking of reforming/reorganizing CCP..but this time we will recruit Aveos...i'll keep you posted

Hi guys. bout the swap..when i said from another manufacturer what i meant was not a car brand from GM.. i was thinking of a 4E Turbo from toyota with a TRD tranny and LSD or a D15/B16/ZC VTEC TURBO from Honda with a lightened flywheel and an exedy clutch.. sounds crazy right? nah..... you see people I'm from the Philippines, we slap v8's, V6's on an "owner type jeepney" (this is a domestic type of transportation which makes use of parts from different makes i.e. a fabricated chasis,stainless body a toyota differential etc etc)... we have cars here that would make every hardcore tuner drool...boosted cars,cars with audio setups that can literally make your ears bleed..JDM cars,oldschoold JDM cars, euro cars even china and korean cars...racing is not a felony and being near japan, we get the illest and most bad ass parts this side of the planet..the only limit will be your imagination ad of course your build budget.. i want a car with a bulletproof tranny that i can drive everyday but can still hold its own on an impromptu stoplight race.. i'll keep you posted coz my trusted mechanic will be coming home from dubai thus the build MIGHT begin soon.. now ill just have to make up my mind on what engine to put in...=)
      Last edited by Brai; 10-31-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Banned
      Thanks
      pointless to swap in some other company's engine/transmissioc combo. You're just making more work for yourself. Do yourself a favor and stick with GM components.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Thanks
      problem is GM parts are hard to source here in the philippines not to mention the fact that they are so damn expensive.. am in no rush anyway so what i'll do is to modify my stock engine for the meantime so it'll gain more HP while i'm in the process of collecting engine parts for the swap.. thanks so much for your inputs..heck i didn't even know that SAAB components can be used on our car.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Thats a kick in the balls. "yay im married! Damn, i got to call my insurance."

Congrats on getting married tho!

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12