•  

Thread: In dire need of TLC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Thanks

In dire need of TLC

Hi guys..I've been lurking on this site for a few years now..ive been planning to customize my aveo hatch but the lack of aftermarket performance parts impeded the process..I was about to start my project when tragedy struck...

my car was wrecked on mah wedding day..

So after a brief hiatus (not to mention a new door,fender, and windshield) I'm now back on track and hunting for parts..
      Plans include...
      1) a Rally makeover complete with screaming vinyl decals( I see alot of Aveos "dressed uped" that way and IMO it looks cool),
      2) An engine swap and a bulletproof tranny, I'm contemplating on using a turbo engine from a different car manufacturer and now in the process of actually completing the parts or the swap.. ( mines got the euro 1.2 petrol engine with a measly 60+ HP
      3) A conservative bodykit (if the rally makeover doesn't push through) including sideskirts and minimal fender flares plus wider rims
      4) COILOVERS and BRACINGS

Here's she is..

1) at the moment am rockin 15inch C10's with 195/55 for mah daily commute ( My anthracite blue TE37's took a lot of beating when my car was wrecked so im in the process of refurbishing it),

2) lowering springs customized to fit my aveo ( i think it was for a toyota car) and a "chin" which i custom fabricated to fit

3) my wing ( like euromeistah i used a EG6 wing but i took the liberty to modify its shape so it doesn't look like crap.PS. will change the mounting when I get a new paint job )

3) 2 6K HIDs and 2 3k HIDs ( my commute requires me to have this lights coz i drive through dark,uphill terrain every night)

4) oval muff tip ( i removed the 5zigen muff coz its too loud and my baby daughter cries if she gets annoyed, )

5) a 10 inch sub and 2 LCD monitors out back for my daughters sesame street DVD's

6) and still a proud member of the defunct CHEVROLET CLUB PHILIPPINES!!

As with all other countries; Aveo's are considered 2nd class cars ( due to the fact that the manufacturer is daewoo). But i really want to be different.I want my Aveo to perform like my old KP 61 Toyota starlet which i used then, for slalom racing. thus im taking my time with this project coz i dont wanna waste money and I wanna do everything right the first time...
      Last edited by Brai; 10-24-2010 at 05:38 PM.