•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 chevy aveo (robzomie10) my build thread.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Post 07 chevy aveo (robzomie10) my build thread.

Okay so im finally getting around to started my thread First I'd like to thank everybody here on the forum. I just recently stwrted posti g things but ive been looking at this forum for a while and getting ideas and lots of information. A lot of you have really nice clean Aveo and have been my inspiration to builld mine.

Secondly my cars not in the best shape in the world. It was in an accident about 2 years ago which made the body look ugly. Well to me it did. She still runs like a champ though. 125k on the odometer regular maintenance always done.

When I first got the car back in 2009 the first thing I did was put a SRI on. I was going to do a whole lot more at the time while I was in el paso. But never got around to. Now that moneys flowing great I can do all sorts of things.

I will post picture in a few weeks when I get back home from being on the rowd. Currently using my phone and not sure how to up to upload photos.

What ive done so far...
      Xiogarys header (which I bought from khanartist) love the way it looks. It made my exhaust to loud. Becore the header I was already running 2.5 from the cat back with a 40 series flow master and no resonator. It was already loud at this point. Ive decided to keep the 40 series and just put a flowmaster resonator in after switching to all 2 inch piping and see how that sounds. She sounds pretty dee at idle but when you get above 3000rpms is when it gets that coffee can sound

Originally had a basic SRI that I picked up from autozone. Picture can be seen in my profile. I just recently ordered the chrome intakes CAI. And let me tell you I am very happy with this investment. Most places I read say its to long on the second pipe and you cant put the splash guard back on. Well this may be true. But I found it kinda useful. I installed the CAI completely and reslized i couldnt put the splash guard on. So I loosened the piping up and instead of getting it cut. I put the splash guard on and worked with it in place (of course the filter was still in the fender)put the piping back togwther which wasnt very difficult just took a little time and some manipulation. Doing this made the piping fit really. It doesnt even vibrate and I cant wiggle around at all. And the filter not pushing against the splash guard either

Ordered the fenders from versus motorsports. I was very happy with the price and the way they fit. I have them on my car now. Put them on to get an idea how much work I was going to have to do. Surprisingly not a lot. Going to just get them primered for now once they are ready because I plan to repaint my whole car. It need it. Hood has a few paint chips from rock and my pitbull decided he wanted to jump on the roof and scratched the s!@# out of the paint. not to upset gives a reason to change it from red to something else. Still undecided. Any ideas??

Ive also cut the shifter and added a stainless steel ball. Debating on a new shift ball because in the winter time that ball can freeze your hand.

Car audio. 7 inch touch screen. Need a new one because my dvd/cd player quit working. I also have 5.25 kickers in the doors. And 6.5 kickers on the hatch. Ive also got 1 15" kicker solobaric L3 hits pretty hard. Will eventually upgrade to an L7

Im still waiting on my kyb shocks and struts with hnr springs to come in. Will be at my house on friday but I cant put them on until I get home

Definitely more mods to come...

Well thats all I have done. I will post picturs soon like I said earlier. Thanks for looking. I also have a few pictures on profile page that you can view but they arent updated yet.

I'll keep it and add a turbo USAFzac's Avatar
      Thanks
      Cant wait to see the pics!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I think ill upload from photobucket mobile. Think itll work?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Before I started any work.

Split bumper. Still up for debate whether to try and fix or just buy a new one.

This was from when I replaced the valve cover gasket at 125k all internals at this point still look good

Interior. dont mind it being a little dirty. I used to live on gravel. Also lived in el paso were theres sand everywhere

Removed old SRI and time for CAI

Time for the exhaust manifold. Like I said before I grabbed this manifold from khanartist for $280 shipped and I believe that was a heck of a deal. Great guy to work with. Was at my house in less that a week.

Unpainted fenders. I thought these were pretty sweet. And will be better once painted with some accent lighting

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      First sticker for the car. And please if your offended just remember everyone is entitled to there own opinion

And I just threw this one in. Thought I'd show you what I do for a living

I'll keep it and add a turbo mralx152's Avatar
      Thanks
      lol nice. where did you get a short shifter and was it hard or easy to install? I hate this huge one it really gets in the way when your try to sleep/have sex in the car...

I'll keep it and add a turbo mralx152's Avatar
      Thanks
      oh and where did you get the sticker? I need 10 lol OR JUST A REALLY BIG ONE

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I'm digging it man!
      Hopefully I get a job in a few weeks, mom's making me wait until first quarter of school is up to see how my grades are.
      Then I will be able to afford more things.

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      Do you have a plastic fender piece to cover the filter from water? If not id recommend getting a filter with a shield at least to protect your engine.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mralx152 View Post
      lol nice. where did you get a short shifter and was it hard or easy to install? I hate this huge one it really gets in the way when your try to sleep/have sex in the car...
      He said he just cut it... as for the second part, thats what the passenger seat is for... heheh

Quote Originally Posted by classic67 View Post
      Do you have a plastic fender piece to cover the filter from water? If not id recommend getting a filter with a shield at least to protect your engine.
      I dont have one on mine. whenever I hear of a big rain storm i changed the CAI to an SRI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast