•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to tint ur windows

What do you mean there's no turbo? LarsBud's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: how to tint ur windows

I'll be only keeping it on if it's perfect, but that’s just the way I am. If I take my time and do one section first before moving onto the next I should be able to do it. I just have a hard time putting out $240 for a tint job and that was the best price I could find around here.

Always make the best of what you have!
      http://caferacersontario.forumer.com

Thanks

This is the step by step instructions that I will use to install the tint. I just got the notification that it was shipped today.

Tint Install Instructions:
      1. Locate the shape of your window on the tint sheet and then carefully peel off the excess material. Start at the "score" line and pull away from shape of your windows.
      2. With all excess material removed, visualize where each window tint piece goes on your vehicle. Please keep in mind that if there is excess material it is to be tucked in underneath your rubber seals. If you feel that the window film may need a little trimming now would be the time to do any modifications.
      3. Clean all windows on the inside with a very mild solution of soap and water. Do not use any chemicals through the whole installation process.
      4. Spray a solution of 99% water and 1% soap onto the inside of your windows.
      5. Using 2 pieces of small tape, stick one piece of tape on each side of the tint's corner and then slowly pull the 2 sides apart. This will pull the actual tint film off of the liner and will also expose the adhesive side of the tint. Please remember to remove the small piece of tape from the tint.
      6. Spray the same water and soap solution to the adhesive side of the window tint.
      7. With the wet adhesive side of the window tint, apply it towards the wet inside of your window.
      8. Slide the shape of the tint into position on your window. Remember all excess material is to be tucked under the rubber seal.
      9. Now generously spray the top side of the window film. This will lubricate the window film while you squeegee out the water in the next step.
      10. Starting in the middle of the film carefully squeegee out the water and bubbles using a soft squeegee. Be careful not to scratch or damage the film during this step. You may want to respray your solution in between squeegee passes to fully lubricate the window tint.
      11. If you notice any bubbles forming, respray the top side of the film for lubrication and squeegee out the bubbles.
      12. Allow tint to dry for 48 hours before rolling the windows up or down.
      Tip: If your rear window has a hard contour you may try to cut the rear window into manageable horizontal strips. Then start by applying the top strip first and work your way down to the last bottom strip.

Thanks

My precut window tint arrived yesterday and everything looks good. I checked the weather report and Sunday looks like it will be a great day for me to do the install.
      I’ll take some pics and let you all know how it goes.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

good luck man, hope it comes out well.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LarsBud
      My precut window tint arrived yesterday and everything looks good. I checked the weather report and Sunday looks like it will be a great day for me to do the install.
      I’ll take some pics and let you all know how it goes.
      How did it turn out? Got any pics?

Thanks

Well it so, so. Wouldn't do it for a show car and only the side windows turned out. I'll have to pay someone to do the rear piece for me.
      It was hard and something I would recommend have someone elts do it for you.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Ha ha, yeah from what I have heard it's better to let someone who knows what they're doing do it. I've considered it, but after reading dozens of articles about it I found it's probably better to let a professional tint shop do it. Then again, it may be worth trying for the $30 bucks or whatever it would cost you to buy the tint yourself. I know here in Alberta, we cannot have our front side windows tinted. So the only ones we have to worry about are the back 2 and the rear. To do it yourself that would only need 2 boxes of the Gila Films tint, plus the application package. So you'd be looking at what, $40 bucks to try it yourself? Worse comes to worse, peel it off and accept the loss he he.

What do you mean there's no turbo? trempus's Avatar
      Thanks

but even the professional started off somewhere and it gets better with practice

2004 chevy aveo---
      2006 chevy uplander

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d View Post
      Any recommended pro tinterista in Seattle?
      IDK about Seattle, but I remember whenever my dad had one of his cars done for tinting (he's had many, many, many cars), there was this place in Burien that he took it to. I don't remember the name of it, but I know it's in the area of the Fred Meyer & the Burien Chevrolet dealership on 1st Ave S. I think this is the correct address: 13855 1st Ave S, Burien, WA 98168. These guys do a very good job, and are very reliable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12