•  

Thread: 2006 heater fan motor

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2006 heater fan motor

Can anyone give me some tips on replacing 2006 heater fan motor w/ac ?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: 2006 heater fan motor

I believe all the parts you need to take off for that are behind the glove box..

look at the replacing the cabin filter thread. you are just going beyond that repair.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: 2006 heater fan motor

Has any one noticed a noise form the fan when running? I have a 2005 Aveo and I always have a noise from the fan area when running on speed 1 to 3. To noise isn't there right away, but develops after about 30 seconds. I also notice that it only happens when the HVAC is on windshield or a combination of windshield/floor setting. When I have the HVAC on vent, there is no noise. Almost sounds like something is rubbing. I had GM look at it when it was under warranty and they replaced the fan. Didn't make any difference.

Thanks.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by whitefish View Post
      Has any one noticed a noise form the fan when running? I have a 2005 Aveo and I always have a noise from the fan area when running on speed 1 to 3. To noise isn't there right away, but develops after about 30 seconds. I also notice that it only happens when the HVAC is on windshield or a combination of windshield/floor setting. When I have the HVAC on vent, there is no noise. Almost sounds like something is rubbing. I had GM look at it when it was under warranty and they replaced the fan. Didn't make any difference.

Thanks.
      i HAVE AN 06 WORK CAR AND A NEW 2010 ,,MY FAN JUST DIED ROBBD ONE FROM NEW ONE ITS EASY JUST GET UNDER GLOVE BOX REMOVE THREE SCREWS .

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      All the fans from 2010 to 04 are same ,,,but the tiny lil vent hose is different ,,i too now get this noise ,,it sounds like han solos laser gun ,,its weird

Thanks

Question 2005 heater noise

I too have this problem. It sounds like a rattle or vibration that only occurs in A/C or defrost mode. I'm thinking condenser unit or something. I don't know that replacing the heater fan will help in this case. Correct me if I'm wrong...

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      They recently redesigned the motor....same application, but they changed the design...there was a TSB I read the other day about it

Thanks
      i have a 04 and my blower motor was acting up a lot. i replaced the resistor and some other things before actually checking out the blower. its really easy to get to you can remove the whole glove box and access everything. my problem was with the connections on the motor were black and burnt. i sanded down the connections and reinstalled the motor. haven't had a problem since.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      yea I've seen a few cars with burnt connectors...I usually replace the whole pigtail cause the burnt connections tend to cause excessive resistance