•  
    Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: silver 06 hatch

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

silver 06 hatch

EDIT: THE CAR IS SOLD.

So here's what I've done to my 06 Hatch... (it's a 5-speed with about 28k miles)

Fiberglass Versus Motorsport Drift Body Kit (full kit for H/B)
      Fiberglass Versus Motorsport L3 fenders
      OEM style Versus Motorsport carbon fiber hood (partially painted to match the car)
      OEM style aftermarket lip spoiler for 09-10 Aveo
      H&R lowering springs (lowered about 1.5" in the front/ 1.4" in the back)
      KYB GR2 gas shocks
      MSR Style 44 17x7.5 wheels (black 5 double-spoke rims with polished lip)
      205/40/17 tires
      K&N cone filter
      Cat-back 2.25 in exhaust (low tone) removed both resonators and replaced with shorter one, installed Twister Muffler with Magnaflow tip
      AMSOil with WIX filter
      Black dual halo projection headlights with 10k HID and LED strip on top
      Black LED tail lights
      Red lens removed and clear LED's installed in 3rd brake light (still light up red)
      Projection fog lights (3k HID)
      De-badged all the way around
      Completely repainted the car so everything is the same paint color
      Roof painted pure black to match the CF hood
      Professionally tinted with 20% tint all the way around
      Calipers and rear brake drums are painted black
      Rear side markers are tinted with car light tinting paint
      Front turn signals disconnected (original long turn signals) and painted to match the body of the car
      14 inch LED sidemarkers on fenders
      LED side markers, LED rear turn signals, LED back-up lights (actually bright enough to light stuff up)
      Blue LED in my dash and in HVAC panel to match my Sony Double-DIN deck color.
      Sony headunit/Infinity speakers/PolkMOMO amp/sub
      Clifford alarm with remote start
      Rain-X Latitude Wipers front and back

Comments welcome!

My Full Versus Drift Kit and MSR Style 044 rims

Versus Drift Front Bumper, Black dual halo projector headlights with LED strip on top, 10K HID's in projection low beams, 3K HID in projection fog lights

Side view, you can see the full Versus Drift Body kit, Versus L3 fenders, and the lowering by KYB and H&R, and the 20% tint all around

LED Tail lights and Versus Drift rear bumper, OEM style aftermarket spoiler

Close up of rear Versus Drift bumper and a Magnaflow exhaust tip backed by very low sounding Twister muffler, 2.25" cat-back custom exhaust

Versus Drift Side Skirt

OEM style carbon-fiber hood (sides painted to match the rest of the paint job and the roof is pure black to match the hood)

K&N Cone Filter

My LED eyebrows

My car by Puget Sound...

Comments welcome!!!

Last edited by serega12; 01-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: silver 06 hatch

Very nice car. 5*'s. I've never seen that body kit before, or those fenders. Flows very nicely. I think my favorite thing is the black roof.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

And that bodykit isnt very expensive. i believe the site that has it was selling for $600.

Thanks

Nice, that's the best one I've seen out for the Aveo besides a Kalos conversion.

Thanks

Your right that kit is the best ive seen yet.... i would love to put those fenders on my sedan

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Looks pretty good, I was going to do
      my roof black too but think i'll fake wrap it in carbon fibre

Thanks

Well, where do we start...?

Yes. Looks very nice.

Thank you, for answering a question I had on the way home today.
      What would it look like if I reconnected the blinkers to the headlight amber location, and paint the stock flashers?

Thank you for extending and answering another idea running through my head.
      These headlights are too much for my taste. Too many different types of lights.

Next, Puget Sound? Good deal. Where in WA are you?
      Because, I could use your assistance picking out the proper LED's and getting them on installed.

And again, Looks nice. As mentioned above, since we did not get the Kalos Headlights, looks to be the best new option out there. I have seen other body kits installed locally (in passing). Where do we hunt this kit down?

Next question, along with the Carbon Fiber Hood...
      I had the VIS Invader on my Spec V and loved it. Do we have any options beyond the factory style CF?

Later,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      Looks pretty good, I was going to do
      my roof black too but think i'll fake wrap it in carbon fibre
      That's what I've been planning on doing to. My buddy gave me this stuff he used to do the roof on his R32. It's a carbon fiber wrap, but it just barely got a shine to it and instead of being a vinyl graphic it's actually a "weave". He got it from http://www.pyspeed.com/product-p/rd-8001.htm. I've got pics if you want them, it looks fantastic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      Very nice car. 5*'s. I've never seen that body kit before, or those fenders. Flows very nicely. I think my favorite thing is the black roof.
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      Nice, that's the best one I've seen out for the Aveo besides a Kalos conversion.
      Thank you, thank you everyone. And I didn't know how the roof was going to turn out, but I have a really good friend who is really good at painting cars, so I'm really happy with the way it came out. If it wasn't for him, it would probably be painted to match the car, and the carbon fiber hood would be all plain, just clear coated... Otherwise I think I would go with vinyl just like Wolfman AK907 and petrified.rabbit said, that would be easier I think...

Quote Originally Posted by reddemonx92
      And that bodykit isnt very expensive. i believe the site that has it was selling for $600.
      you are right, it isn't very expensive, but it's the best one I liked when I checked out the ones we can get here in U.S. UrbanWorx (formerly known as Gravana tuning) has that kit for 549, and I like it better then the other two that are on there... Everyone has Razzi kit, plus it doesn't flow that well, so I didn't want to go with that one (plus the idea of fake dual exhaust kit for a few hundred bucks didn't sound that appealing either)... And the Initial-D kit (also known as Wing I think)... I just didn't like the way it looked on the car either from the eBay pics... so I wanted to go with the one that nobody has tried yet (or if they did, there aren't that many pics on the net). Since Gravana wasn't answering my calls or e-mails, I did some more research and found the company that makes the kit (VersusMotorSport.com is their site). I called them, so they quoted me 750 shipped to WA, which wasn't that bad, but then I went on their local craigslist site (LA), and they said in there that they're selling their warehouse and are selling everything they have for pretty much what it cost them... So I drove down there (even though I would have them ship it if I was to re-do it again), liked what I saw and bought it all for quite a bit cheaper than what they quoted me... more exactly, I got the full kit, L3 fenders, and OEM style double-sided CF hood for a few hundred bucks cheaper than what they quoted me for just the kit alone (after some bargaining in person with cash)... provided I had to install it and paint it myself, but that's the joy of DIY, right? I think they're still selling everything cheap if I'm not mistaken, but it's worth checking out if you like the way the kit looks. Just look up their contact info on http://www.versusmotorsport.com. Just be ready to do some cutting/fitting of fiberglass... I wish they made it of ABS plastic or something more flexible...

Quote Originally Posted by XJCasper
      Well, where do we start...?

Yes. Looks very nice.

Thank you, for answering a question I had on the way home today.
      What would it look like if I reconnected the blinkers to the headlight amber location, and paint the stock flashers?

Thank you for extending and answering another idea running through my head.
      These headlights are too much for my taste. Too many different types of lights.

Next, Puget Sound? Good deal. Where in WA are you?
      Because, I could use your assistance picking out the proper LED's and getting them on installed.

And again, Looks nice. As mentioned above, since we did not get the Kalos Headlights, looks to be the best new option out there. I have seen other body kits installed locally (in passing). Where do we hunt this kit down?

Next question, along with the Carbon Fiber Hood...
      I had the VIS Invader on my Spec V and loved it. Do we have any options beyond the factory style CF?

Later,

Now to you, XJCasper...

I like that idea myself... at first I painted them over, then disconnected them altogether (since the halos in the headlights I connected to running light wires). Then when I disconnected them, I painted them all together.

And about too many different types of lights - I agree... I only connected halos and the eyelids (had to add those myself)... LED strip... lights facing forward... The little lights they have above the halos in the headlights assembly itself I only connected to turn signal and the two blue ones (changed to amber LED's since I burned out the blue ones) connected to high beams... didn't want them on all the time.

And I'm in Edmonds... That's a little up north from Seattle... And where in WA are you? And yes, I can help you out with proper LED's no problem... just PM me...

I've seen a few kits in passing too... Red Razzi... and there was another one, just not that many... Like I said above, I got it from LA, VersusMotorSport company...

And about the hood, that's the only CF option I have found for us... And it's also by Versus... Sounds like they have pretty good quality. I have no complaints so far... I just sanded the original coat and clear coated it. Hope this helps.

Any more comments welcome!

Thanks

also I replaced the amber turn signals that came with the aftermarket headlights with chrome bulbs (they look chrome but blink deep amber).

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast