•  

Thread: Wire loom (conduit) options for rear door power (or sound)

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Wire loom (conduit) options for rear door power (or sound)

Our 2004 hatchback didn't come with door wiring for the power lock/window options, so doesn't have the rubber wire looms that run from the center pillars to the rear doors (front doors had them for the speaker wires). One on-line GM parts supplier said they are tagged in their catalog (likely Trademotion.com) as "source locally"... meaning for the dealers to use something generic like this one from Jegs if they ever have to add or replace one. Really??? Though Shibbs graciously checked and said it does appear they are only available as part of the whole wiring harness.

I need these or alternatives to add power locks and am wondering if others have solved this before; would prefer to use the existing OEM holes if there are options. The local salvage yards don't currently list any Aveos in inventory, but will see if I can find something that will work from another make/model.

Last edited by rodo; 09-11-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by rodo View Post
      ... will see if I can find something that will work from another make/model.
      The pair of looms from the rear hatch of a 1994 Plymouth Voyager are a very good fit for this sort of Frankenstein substitution. Ones on the dozens of Chrysler minivans in the salvage yard appeared to be very similar, so other years and models will likely work. Cost less than $5 for both at a local salvage yard.

Would post a photo of the fit, but have not been able to upload jpg or png image files since last weekend (yes, they're the required sizes). Will edit later if I ever figure out this bug.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      since the looms are basically run in circle holes for the aveo, you would be able to buy aftermarket in the same approximate diameter and have it work. if you want true fit, check ebay, craigslist, etc?

expired, but shows picture:

04 - 08 CHEVROLET AVEO LEFT REAR DOOR WIRING HARNESS | eBay

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      since the looms are basically run in circle holes for the aveo, you would be able to buy aftermarket in the same approximate diameter and have it work. if you want true fit, check ebay, craigslist, etc?
      Yes... didn't find any listed when I checked all the usuals and I'm on a timeline that doesn't let me wait for both right and left to surface.

The OEM holes on my 2004 HB are OVALS of slightly different sizes, not round or I would have gone generic. Are the newer models different? Was planning to drill the plugs for 1/2" loom if I couldn't find a good match. Most people would not be able to tell the MOPAR ones are not factory. Here are shots hosted on Photobucket of one installed on the RR door and the pair as pulled from the Voyager:

Last edited by rodo; 09-09-2011 at 05:24 PM.