•  

Thread: 2006 Aveo, CD Player Error Messages...What are they? Error7, Error 9.

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

2006 Aveo, CD Player Error Messages...What are they? Error7, Error 9.

I have the original simple single DIN AM/FM/single CD radio in my Aveo. I really didnt want to replace it, but I am. I got no help with the Error messages, so I must assume it is just age, for the CD player. 13yrs of use, guess I got my moneys worth. Anyway... I still dont know what those Error numbers meant. Anyone know? I'd like to know, just for the hell of it.

I am replacing the receiver with a new Sony unit over the weekend, or early next week. Ordered one from Crutchfield, might get here Fri, or Mon.

I watched a YouTube video on how to remove the original stereo, and it is only 4 screws, but I have to remove the plastic trim pieces on both sides. Never knew they were pieces. It shows using some kind of plastic pry tool. I assume I can remove these with a butter knife or a flat-head screw driver, maybe with a piece of cloth on the end, to not scratch the dash?? Or can I buy this tool someplace?

Does anyone know IF while the dash is opened up,can I access the top part,where the clock is,and the icons for the seatbelt/airbag icons are...and disconnect a fuse or whatever makes them light up? My passenger side one is always on, even when someone is sitting in the seat. I know it is suppose to go off with someone in the seat, but since it is empty 99.8% of the time, its always on!

I'd like to make it go dark. I am not wasting money to find out why its always on, (even with someone sitting there). Unless there is a fuse in one of the fuse boxes?? Where might it be? Or can I access the fuse that lights it up, or the relay that controls it from the radio being out. Is that possible from this access, and if so....which/where is it? Thanks for any info. on both issues.

Last edited by FlaAveo5; 08-15-2017 at 11:58 PM. Reason: No answers at all.