•  

Thread: Questions About Code P00b7 G3 2009...

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Questions About Code P00b7 G3 2009...

Greetings, I will put in the background, I have a Pontiac G3 2009 with 1.6L Ecotec engine, and I blew the two radiator hoses, the input and output the second about a month ago, so the engine had a slight antifreeze smell, which increased prior to bursting hoses, heated a few times, but that little warrior endured, still powerful, because of its size.

I had a couple of days with the start of a somewhat strange, as it lit up and rattled with the heat slightly and slightly higher temperature of l, emitted the odor of alticongelante and I thought it was waste antifreeze and as wash until you change the oil to prevent moisture, I did not give much importance.

This morning the check engine lit, but I did not notice anything unusual as I left, reaching the target is heated much the engine and began to rattle, had not checked the temperature, until I noticed the power loss and engine knock very lightweight.

I open the hood and antifreeze missing (most of the recovery tank),: S, hence s waited cooled reheated, so I stopped, he had a jug of water and poured it, filled the tank, waited a time for it to cool, hence continue my path and turned to heat, it was all down so I came with the car off.

Arriving home, I checked the tank and the water was pure, he had thrown, antifreeze, had not moved, I suspected it was the thermostat.

DashCommand scanner got the iPod and I threw the code P00B7 Low Engine Coolant Flow / Performance controlled by Powertrain - Fuel and Air Metering - ISO / SAE Controlled

I decided to take ACDelco service center, I'm still leaning toward the thermostat, but said they have an obligation to the DX.

I showed what traáia, but I have little doubt what will be found this error.

I will appreciate comments and opinions of what might be, I like to know, to pay just enough, thanks for the attention.

Service Information

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      if the system was "dried out" then the sensor could become faulty.. especially with heat added. It could also be an air bubble depending on how much time you spent filling it. the same issues could have occurs to the thermostat and water pump if you ran it while the system was dry.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Well the up dates, change the coolant deposit is broken $40.00 USD, change the cap $10.00 usd, the thermostat $70.00 USD, and ad cooler $10.00 USD, the system still, drop coolant, i have to change the thermostat housing $250.00 usd, all about $420.00 USD, with the job incluiding...

the part númber is 96984102, because this engine not have the same sales in Mexico like USA,only the factory sells it....
      T ENGINE COOLANT THERMOSTAT & HOUSING (LXV/1.6E);. Fits: Chevrolet Aveo | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick