•  
    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!!

Adding one more Oil filter to the list. Napa gold P/N (FIL 7674). This is a cartridge style filter so I don't know what years it will go with besides the 09-10 aveo's.

2009 Chevy Aveo LT1 Silver
      2008 Saturn Outlook XE Silver W/Preferred & tow package

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Thanks, that is valueable info. Mods, could you please add that to the list on page 1? If you can, thank you very much!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

I updated the post with the new oil filter.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      I updated the post with the new oil filter.
      Admins, could you also review the list of the websites in the first posts? A few of them are dead... unfortunately. Sounds from old threads like they had some good stuff..
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Talking about oil filters has anyone relocated theres.
      I did it in my Nissan 300zx due to difficulties getting to it. not sure if anyone did it to the Aveo.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skalvinek
      Talking about oil filters has anyone relocated theres.
      I did it in my Nissan 300zx due to difficulties getting to it. not sure if anyone did it to the Aveo.
      It's not really that difficult to get to it on 04-08 hatch, except for it being next to a header (which is usually pretty hot when I change my oil), but that's not an issue for me. Is it hard to get to on 07-08 sedans? I'd imagine it would be in the same spot as ours, the engine didn't seem to change that much...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

doesnt look hard was just wondering if anyone did it already to see were they put it.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

There are only two engines. The oil filer is in the same place on both. But the newer uses just a cartridge.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

to me it seems pointless. You change your oil maybe 2 or 3 times a year, unless your super religious about it, so do you really want to move it or are you just bored and want to do something to your car? There's a hard way to do things, an easy way, and the smart way. IMO this just seems like something that could go terribly wrong and screw you out of a warranty fix. In the end it's uultimately your choice, but it's better safe than sorry. Why add totally unnecessary risks to your car? It can be argued that all "mods" are unnecessary, but things like exhausts and intakes add everyday benefits. But if you do do it, post up some pics!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17 View Post
      .... the one thing i really like about gmpartsdirect is that they accept paypal which makes checkin out really fast..
      I've got to raise a caution (as of 9/21/2011) about Gmpartsdirect as they offer no voice/chat contact and their business has apparently out grown their systems' ability to keep up. They seem to have been a good supplier in the past, so figure they'll eventually sort it out - but don't think they're even aware of the problems yet. They were my first choice for the same reason (paypal) as mikedudley17 AND they had the lowest price for the nine parts I was after. But frankly, they're currently an embarrassment as a "New Members Please Read" recommendation. Here's my recent experience:

1. Response queue to pre-sale email inquiries is currently greater than 24 days. Robo-reply says "Due to the overwhelming volume of incoming requests there may be a delay on our response time. Thank you again for your patience as we answer all requests in the order received." I've been waiting since 8/29.....
      2. Their automated order review queue is either also very long (more than 3 days) or broken... and their recommended order review is required to be able to return any incorrect parts. The reply I received after asking (by email) what happened to my review request wanted my email address so they could track it down..... uhhh, have had no answer after providing it again and pointing out that it was the same email address they had used to contact me.
      3. Their severely broken process & handling calculator prevents placing an order without review. I was pretty confident on the part numbers, so decided to place the order without review... this is the best part. The P&H fee on $126 of parts came to $532. No phone/chat support and no/slow/unhelpful email responses to fix this drove me to other options.

The folks I ended up going with were GMPartsShop.com out of AZ. They offer phone contact, were within $8 of the GMPartsDirect price total, $14 estimated shipping, AND accepted paypal. Will post an update after I receive the order, but so far they've returned calls within the same day and provided three confirmation/status emails in the first 24 hours. I also shopped the basket at three other popular places, but all were $20 to $50 higher or did not yet accept paypal.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast