•  

Thread: Trying to pinpoint a problem?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Question Trying to pinpoint a problem?

I have a 2008 Aveo LS Sedan the car has decided to have issues first trouble is when I mash the gas to get onto interstate the check engine would start flashing. took it in a had it read It stated I had a misfire on cylinder three. well last weekend I pulled the plugs and found out one was fowled with oil cleaned it off and reinstalled the plug in different cylinder run fine pep was back up now usually during idle it sputters also does it on start up. trying to figure out what is going on and what my next steps would be to find what's wrong.
      Second issue is airbag stays on. No clue where to start on that trouble,so it looks like that will be a shop trip.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Werks View Post
      I have a 2008 Aveo LS Sedan the car has decided to have issues first trouble is when I mash the gas to get onto interstate the check engine would start flashing. took it in a had it read It stated I had a misfire on cylinder three. well last weekend I pulled the plugs and found out one was fowled with oil cleaned it off and reinstalled the plug in different cylinder run fine pep was back up now usually during idle it sputters also does it on start up. trying to figure out what is going on and what my next steps would be to find what's wrong.
      Second issue is airbag stays on. No clue where to start on that trouble,so it looks like that will be a shop trip.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your 2008 Aveo, Insanity Werks. If you’re thinking you’d like to have a certified technician take a look at your vehicle, we’ll gladly get that process started. Please send us a direct message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership should this interest you.

Sincerely,

Jasmine
      Chevrolet Customer Care

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html