•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aveo 2.0L Turbo VIDEO!!

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks
      For starters getting something to tune the car properly is not an easy feat, the cheapest would be to convert the car to a ford ignition system and use a megasquirt.

You can easily control fuel via additional injectors and a controller and leave ignition timing to the stock ECU, but that severely limits what you can do.

Then there's the transmission that can't hold alot of power (roughly 200 whp), you will also need a performance clutch which can be hard to source/find. And alot of custom work... and custom = $$$$$

For the amount of work required and cash involved, you best buy a factory boosted car, like my Mazdaspeed 3 for example, with less money invested in the Mazda than the Aveo, it's a **** ton faster and immensely more reliable.

The power gains vs what it costs/time/headaches are not worth it.

> 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Nemasys View Post
      For starters getting something to tune the car properly is not an easy feat, the cheapest would be to convert the car to a ford ignition system and use a megasquirt.

You can easily control fuel via additional injectors and a controller and leave ignition timing to the stock ECU, but that severely limits what you can do.

Then there's the transmission that can't hold alot of power (roughly 200 whp), you will also need a performance clutch which can be hard to source/find. And alot of custom work... and custom = $$$$$

For the amount of work required and cash involved, you best buy a factory boosted car, like my Mazdaspeed 3 for example, with less money invested in the Mazda than the Aveo, it's a **** ton faster and immensely more reliable.

well ignoring the "don't do it part"
      Did you get a dyno tune or just did it yourself? If you used a full ecu swap like haltech would that make tuning easier? And if I keep the boost down to like 5 psi, think the trans will hold that? And why do you need a ford ignition system?

Thanks

Well you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Just look at all of the threads on this forum. Guys are going to turbo their Aveo for a few hundred bucks worth of ebay and junkyard parts. Get with the program. 1000 tops if you go all in.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      That's the plan.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoJunk View Post
      Well you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Just look at all of the threads on this forum. Guys are going to turbo their Aveo for a few hundred bucks worth of ebay and junkyard parts. Get with the program. 1000 tops if you go all in.
      I don't?? Ok smart guy then go ahead and turbo your Aveo with crappy junkyard and ebay china parts see how much it's going to cost you or even worse how long it's going to last. I've done it, and it cost more than $1000 and alot of custom work. Where are you gonna find a clutch that can hold the power? Do you have a custom turbo manifold? (better fork up the cash if you don't) What are you going to use for EMS? (you do realise this car uses an ignition system that's unlike 95% of other cars on the road) How about Injectors? And everything else that's needed for your kit to work? (electronics, gauges, safety measures etc etc) After you answer all of these, then come back to me with your bill, you will quickly see **** gets real expensive real fast!

While you are at it, why don't you also do a full 2.0L drivetrain swap like I did? Should be easy now if you follow what I did since I virtually pioneered it on this forum. I've been here way longer than you have friend, even when the forum was on it's old server. So before you go opening your mouth like you know what you're saying, know your place and learn a few things.

Btw, at the end of the day after you have lost all hope, patience and still scratching your head about various things, I'll be happily boosting in my 380 hp Mazda. I speak from experience, no matter how "nice" it sounds to have a boosted Aveo, it's not worth it. Sell it and buy a faster car. You will thank me later. Have a good day!
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3

- FMIC with 2.5" piping

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      nemasys i think that he was sarcastically agreeing with you.

Thanks
      If he did, then I appologize, but it's hard to know when you are on a forum. The way he also wrote the post states otherwize for me. I don't feel offended, I'm just tired seeing people say it only costs this much for this or that thing when they actually have no idea what's involved.
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3

- FMIC with 2.5" piping

I'll keep it and add a turbo festersays's Avatar
      Thanks
      If he did, then I appologize, but it's hard to know when you are on a forum. The way he also wrote the post states otherwize for me. I don't feel offended, I'm just tired seeing people say it only costs this much for this or that thing when they actually have no idea what's involved.
      +1 I would rather put a campfire out with my face then try and go through the trouble of boosting an aveo. Some things are just not meant to be done lol.

Thanks
      Nemasys

My apologies, I put a wink at the end that I thought would express my sarcasm, and I also thought it was so blatent you would get it.

I have all the respect in the world for you and couldn't have said better what you did. I was being a smartass casue all of a sudden there are a lot of threads talking about their turbo build and it is all ebay parts and quotes of around 1K total. I know it is WAY more than that and everything has to be custom.

Sorry for poking the bear.

I'll keep it and add a turbo USAFzac's Avatar
      Thanks
      um well qoutes under 2k in parts... and it is doable... ever been to the daewootech, puerto rico aveo club, venezuela aveo club? homemadeturbo.com? grassroots motorsports? its not like im not doing research. im also doing it because i want to, i have another car, so this one off the road for awhile isnt a killer. its for fun. and ive done a civic turbokit before, now im just making my own. can disagree if you want but im here for info and to share. and with a name like aveojunk im guessing your biased anyways

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast