•  

Thread: So I quit my job...

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

So I quit my job...

yep, my corporate manager was being real rude and a major asshole to me and wouldn't let me take a break after 5 1/2 hours of straight work in a very busy restaurant. We closed and most of my dishes were done (I had like 3 pans in the sink) and I went up to get my shift meal because I obviously was hungry and a bit tired for 2 $700 hours in a row. I didn't want much, not like a whole dinner or something, I just wanted a foot long hot dog with chili and cheese. After I go to start cooking it and all my manager comes up and says "the dish machine isn't running, Cory" and just the way he said it was very inappropriate and I told him I was getting my meal, just a 2 minute hot dog to eat and he said no. So, I went to start a new sink load of water, filled it with an inch of water and soap when I decided to walk out. So I did. I know a job can be stressful and we all have responsibilities and dealing with a dickhead manager is usually part of the job but, this one was real bad. Ever since I started the he would harass me on my "ability" as a food prepper and dishwasher and criticize just about everything I did on the job. So I guess that one incident just pushed it too far.

Either way I went back to circuit city to talk to my old manager and was informed they need some help so I start Thursday at 6 AM in the warehouse moving around all the TVs and everything else back there. It'll be fun because I already know everyone there from a few months ago when I did work there. I am enjoying the few days off in between the jobs though, got some things done to my aveo which needed to be done and played a lot of the new grand theft auto 4.

I am NOT a race car driver.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: So I quit my job...

where did u work? restaraunts suck to work for. i worked for mcdonalds for 2 years, liked the people i worked with (my opening manager and i would drink on the job, hehehehe) but the job itself just sucked. so glad i got out and moved to chicago.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

it was a sit in restaurant called long doggers. obviously, i was a dishwasher there. my girlfriend worked at mcdonalds for 4 months or so, she hated it so much.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Cory, check with the local labor dept. Here in NY you get a 15 minute break after 4 hours and 30 minute lunch after working 6 hours. You might have a case against them, if not for your benefit, for the next guy that dickhead tries to bully.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks

I'm not gonna worry about any cases, I'll just go back to my old job at circuit city. thanks for the info though. I will have to check it out though incase it happens a lone.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

restaurants are notorious for ignoring break laws. For the simple fact that it'd throw the floor into disarray if a server were to take a 30minute break during a 12hr shift. It's just the way it is in that industry. It's been going on long before you started, and will go on long after.

There are no Federal labor statutes regarding breaks. It's all at the state level.

Grats on your new job, though.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks

most of the time its just a schedule that can have one server take a break while the other one covers for a lil while. especially in this one I worked at where its not a huge fancy restaurant its a smaller one.

thank you on the gratz.