Im not sure on the "log book -driving- hours laws" myself, but I do know alot of paperwork gets fudged and some of the companies, more specifically the smaller companies, will not follow them. IE My work week starts on thursday and ends Monday. I do second shift thursday and friday but on saurday/sunday I do first shift. This means that from friday night to saturday morning, I have 8 hours off in between shifts. I can start my shifts friday and have a collection of drivers coming into our terminal repeatedly during my entire shift. I then go home and come back 8 hours later and those same guys that came in during my previous shift are still pulling loads out for the majority of that shift without stopping. i know this beause all I have to do is look back through the shift logs to see who came in and when. Its screwed up, but these little companies are either fighting for more loads constantly or get more work than their drivers should be doing, and because they dont have the crew sizes to rotate their drivers, they just keep working them. If anybody complains about it, they can and will have another driver ready to take their place as there are alot of drivers that have been laid off from other companies that need work. Its not pretty, but its the reality. Im done hogging this thread up about truckers.

I will say that I read the book "The Definitive Book of Body Language" by Barbara and Allen Pease and they talked about how we, as people, will subconciously establish up to 30 feet of road all around us as "our territory" and that when somebody imposes on that territory, ie cuts you off, it will incite road rage in a person, even normally peaceful people, because everybody has an area of space that surrounds us that we dont want certain people in. (Our own little bubbles.) It goes on into more detail about it of which I wont, but its actually an inciteful book and definetely worth looking into.

Sidenote: Barbara and Allen Pease have quite a few books out on various psyches of people that are very interesting and easy to read as they put everything into "laymans" terms.