•  

Thread: DId I get Scammed by Pep Boys

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Unhappy DId I get Scammed by Pep Boys

This last weekend I noticed that my a/c was not cooling my vehicle. I thought maybe because the car had been sitting in the sun for a couple of days and I really didnt need it ...So I did'nt pay it much attention. Then yesterday I was scorching here in LA. So I thought maybe I need freon maintenance. This is a 2007 Chevy Aveo with only 54.000 miles on it. To make a long story short Pep Boys told me that the air compressor was not working at it would cost 700.00 to replace. I thought it was a bit high, but what do I know. Last night I discussed this with some neighbors and friends, and was told that my car is really like new seeing that I have only 54000 miles on it. And that compressors rarely go out that fast. My gut tells me I got scammed. I am wondering what can I do about it. I only wanted the freon which I believe would have remedied the problem.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Yes, they probably scammed you, The shot compressor was probably diagnosed by some guy who thought, "the clutch isnt engaging, compressor must be shot" compressors wont spin if there is little or no freon in the system if they put some in it probably would have started spinning again,