IDK fully what happened, but from what I understand, the other driver was attempting to merge, and my dad inadvertently rear-ended him. The other car managed to get some air, and dented the roof enough to break the windshield. Not only that, but the front bumper is completely f'd up. It was bad enough that his airbags went off, and the car had to get towed. We're not sure IF it was the other driver's fault (like I said, kinda shaky on the details, and my dad couldn't see much as the windshield was getting crushed and the airbags went off), let alone if the insurance company will decide to total it. I think if the engine runs, then they won't. But my dad did put quite a bit of money into it.

However, the important thing is that he seems to be ok (I was once in an accident, and I didn't start hurting until a few days after, plus my dad has had so many surgeries, so he might not feel anything from this at all).

On a side note, if the insurance company does decide to total it, would he be allowed to salvage any of the aftermarket stuff, let alone any factory parts? Although on many of the aftermarket parts, it'd depend if he got another Pontiac G8 GT...